Shop Mechanic - (Grande Prairie, AB)
What Propak Energy Services is Hiring for:
The Shop Mechanic position with Propak Energy Services (PES) is specialist in distributor related fields and is responsible for maintenance, repair, start-up, overhaul, trouble shooting, and diagnosis of gas powered engines, gas compressors and packages. The position diagnoses and trouble-shoots highly complex problems and provides recommendations.
This position demonstrates a strong commitment to safety and trains and mentors employees in mechanical trades. The Shop Mechanic works respectfully with peers and builds strong relationships with all stakeholders including parts and branch personnel. This position plays a major role in establishing and maintaining client relationships and providing value to the company’s customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply knowledge about gas compression packages (including panels, controls, instrumentation, and package operation) and engine/compressor component life cycles to optimize equipment run times.
- Interpret flow sheets and drawings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of mounting and alignment, commissioning, package operations, mechanical components, instrumentation, and electronics.
- Perform in shop startups, overhauls, repairs, warranty work, etc.
- Trouble shoot engine / compressor problems.
- Diagnose and trouble shoot highly complex problems and provide recommendations to Service Coordinator.
- Verify all proper setting and adjustments (alignment, pull downs, rod run out, ESM, fuel gas pressure and settings, crankcase pressure, flange torquing, cooler checks, etc.).
- Determine priorities on unit repairs in terms of down time, potential losses, customers priorities and efficient working methods.
- Work directly with management on customer concerns and help rectify issues.
- Maintain excellent documentation of mechanical services, daily labor time entry, parts orders, etc.
- Complete and submit, in a timely fashion, all paperwork related to in shop startups, servicing, warranty work, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of shop working areas.
- Minimize non-chargeable time.
- Continuously strive to reduce operating costs.
- Completion of Heavy-Duty Technician or Millwright apprenticeship program, Heavy Duty Technician or Millwright license holder, or equivalent experience
- High School diploma
- 5+ years’ Heavy-Duty Technician or Millwright experience in oil and gas compression
- Basic computer skills
- Must supply personal tooling up to ¾” drive sockets.
- Must have a complete understanding of engine/compressor control systems and how they operate.
- Must understand, agree to, and comply with all company safety and driving policies when required.
- Must be able to perform tasks with little or no supervision.
- As a condition of employment, employees are required upon hire to sign a Drug-Free Workplace Agreement, a Conflict-of-Interest Agreement, and Confidentiality and Invention Agreement.
- Problem Solving
- Displays initiative
- Manual dexterity
- Eye-hand coordination
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to complete careful and exacting work
- Ability to interpret technical documents
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Motivation to achieve
- Mathematical ability
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with others
- Proficiency with the use of computers
- Continuous learning
- Ability to mentor and train others
This opportunity from Propak Energy Services is available in Grande Prairie.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Propak Energy Services offers:
Hands On Training
Paid Time Off
Year round work
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Propak Energy Services has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Long Hours
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Propak Energy Services:
Propak Energy Services (a subsidiary of Propak Systems)
The Shop Mechanic position with Propak Energy Services (PES) is specialist in distributor related fields and is responsible for maintenance, repair, start-up, overhaul, trouble shooting, and diagnosis of gas-powered engines, gas compressors and packages. The position diagnoses and trouble-shoots highly complex problems and provides recommendations.
Read more on Propak Energy Services Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Propak Energy Services? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!