(Red Seal) Millwrights/Industrial Mechanics $40.00 - $48.00 (Hourly) DOE
What FWS Group is Hiring for:
Pay: 40 - $48 per hour
• Maintain industrial equipment such as conveyor belts and bulk material handling equipment
• Mechanical equipment inspections, troubleshooting, repairing and preventative maintenance along with installations, dismantling, assembling as per manufacturer specifications and recommended standards.
• Proficient in material take offs, interpreting equipment drawings, including providing accurate layout of the work and building to drawings and specifications along with O+M Manuals to ensure correct maintenance and service has been provided
• To ensure all assigned mechanical related tasks are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner with a high level of quality, using safe work practices acceptable to the customers’ satisfaction.
• Utilizes safe work practices and promote safety policies to others. Must maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Proficient in standards, codes, best practices, safe work policies and practices.
• Responsible for safe and conscientious use of equipment including forklift, skidsteer loader, scissor lifts, power tools along with proficiency in safe methods of hoisting and rigging at all times.
• Accurately and effectively uses various types of welding and cutting equipment.
• Supervises laborer’s and resources as required for a specific task.
• Mentors and trains junior workers to develop trade related skills.
• Ability to complete required daily paperwork with legible penmanship and to KPIC standard.
• Responsible for all company tools ensuring they are accounted for at the end of each day.
• Maintaining a clean tool trailer each and every day.
• Demonstrated the ability to perform the duties listed above
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills. Knowledge and ability to assemble and commission mechanical systems in addition to understanding of multi hp industrial drives, shafts, bearings, and lubrication.
• Ability to install, examine, diagnose, and adjust various types of industrial and mechanical equipment.
• Understanding of welding principles, including rod selection and pre/post heat theory
• Appropriate level of experience in industrial maintenance/service environment. Agricultural Industry experience considered an asset.
• Valid class driver’s license required with driver’s abstract. Class 1 or class 3 an added asset.
• Candidate must be open and flexible to change, work during scheduled shutdowns, shift and, when necessary, overtime hours to accommodate scheduled maintenance of equipment. Will be on call 24 hours, 7 days a week, on a rotational basis.
• Position will involve occasional overnight trips and travel.
• Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Required (to satisfy client worksite access requirements).
• Red Seal as Millwright, Industrial Mechanic or Fitter
• CWB certification considered an asset (flat minimum and or/ all position preferred-SMAW process)
• WHIMIS, CSTS will be considered an asset and preference will be shown towards candidate holding valid & current training. Proof of training maybe requested.
This opportunity from FWS Group is available in British Columbia.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with FWS Group offers:
Many Positions Available
Long Term Work
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
FWS Group has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Valid Drivers License
- Pre-Employment Check
- Clean Driving Record
- Shift Work
- Bring Resumes
- CSTS/OSSA or BSO or CSO (Common Safety Orientation)
- Journeyman Certification
- Red Seal
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About FWS Group:
FWS offers a dynamic, diverse, and collaborative workplace. Employees are their most important asset, playing valuable roles in achieving our goals. As the firm grows, so do opportunities for advancement. Their team-based culture provides varied roles that involve meaningful, valued, and fulfilling work. Fully accredited under the Certificate of Recognition (COR) program, we support enhanced safety knowledge with a wide array of training programs.
Read more on FWS Group Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from FWS Group? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!