Journeyman Millwright/Heavy Duty Mechanic (Fort St. John)
What Propak Energy Services is Hiring for:
PROPAK ENERGY SERVICES is a proven established leader in engineering, fabrication, construction, and servicing of gas compression and processing facilities for the energy industry. With 45 years in the energy industry, Propak is an authorized distributor for Ariel, Endyn, Dresser-Rand, Gemini, Sullair and Mycom compressors. It is INNIO Waukesha Platinum Power Packager and a Caterpillar GCCP member.
We are currently seeking a Compression Service Mechanic (Journeyman Millwright / Heavy Duty Mechanic) to provide service, maintenance, and repair work on gas compressors and engines in gas plants and adjacent field facilities. The successful applicant will help to maintain, develop and grow business and customer relations.
- Apply knowledge of gas compression packages (panels, controls, instrumentation, and package operation) and engine/compressor component life cycles to optimize equipment run times;
- Interpret flow sheets and drawings;
- Demonstrate an understanding of mounting and alignment, commissioning, package operations, mechanical components, instrumentation, and electronics;
- Perform startups, servicing, repairs, overhauls, warranty work, etc.… often alone in remote locations;
- Diagnose and trouble shoot engine compressor problems;
- Diagnose problems and provide recommendations to Service Coordinator and clients;
- Verify all proper setting and adjustments (alignment, pull downs, rod run out, ESM, fuel gas pressure and settings, crankcase pressure, flange torquing, cooler checks, etc);
- Judge priorities on unit repairs in terms of down time, customer importance, potential losses, and efficient working methods;
- Provide a high level of customer service;
- Maintain documentation of mechanical services, labor time entry, expenses, parts orders,
- Complete and submit paper work related to startups, servicing, warranty work, etc.;
- Provide direction to apprentice mechanics;
- Order parts as necessary.
- Journeyman Millwright or Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic certification
- 3+ years’ experience with Waukesha, Caterpillar, and natural gas driven compression
- Customer service skills
- Excellent administration, communication and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to work in remote locations without supervision
- Experience with new package commissioning is an asset
- Strong skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Flexibility for 25–50% overnight travel
This opportunity from Propak Energy Services is available in Fort St. John.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Propak Energy Services offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Propak Energy Services has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Long Hours
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Propak Energy Services:
Propak Energy Services (a subsidiary of Propak Systems)
The Shop Mechanic position with Propak Energy Services (PES) is specialist in distributor related fields and is responsible for maintenance, repair, start-up, overhaul, trouble shooting, and diagnosis of gas-powered engines, gas compressors and packages. The position diagnoses and trouble-shoots highly complex problems and provides recommendations.
Read more on Propak Energy Services Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Propak Energy Services? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!