Instrumentation Technician in Fort McMurray, AB ($47.33/hr, Camp, 14/7, 12hr Shifts)
What Worley Cord is Hiring for:
WorleyCord Energy Solutions Ltd. a subsidiary of WorleyCord Ltd. is seeking:
Journeyperson Instrumentation Commissioning Technician
To work at our KEARL ITA PROJECT in the Fort McMurray, AB area.
- SALARY: From $47.33 per hour
- BENEFITS: 4% Pension & 4% RRSP + CLAC Benefits
- OVERTIME: After 8 hours in a day
- TRAVEL: $500 with Flights provided
- ACCOMODATIONS Camp
- START DATE: ASAP
- SCHEDULE: 14 days on 7 days off
- HOURS PER DAY: 12 hours per day
- PAY SCHEDULE: Weekly Pay (Friday)
- SHIFT: Dayshift
- DURATION: TBD
- The Industrial Instrumentation Commissioning Technician plays a critical role in ensuring that industrial facilities operate with precision and efficiency. They must be detail-oriented, adaptable to changing project requirements, and committed to maintaining the highest standards of safety and quality. This role collaborates closely with the Commissioning Specialist and other team members to successfully commission and start up complex instrumentation and control systems, contributing to the overall success of industrial project
- Must have a valid Journeyperson or Instrumentation ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- Extensive experience in commissioning and start-up of industrial instrumentation and control systems.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting P&IDs, control schematics, and instrumentation diagrams.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with PLCs, DCS, SCADA systems, and HMI interfaces.
- Strong knowledge of instrumentation principles, control loops, and automation technologies.
- Willingness to work in various industrial settings and potentially travel to project sites.
- Must have experience working at heights
- Must be willing to attend safety training (paid by WorleyCord): CSTS 2020, H2S, WHMIS2015, EWP, Fall Protection, Confined Space
- Strong communication skills written and verbal
- Commitment to safety and quality
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Collaborate with the Commissioning Specialist to review project documentation, including instrumentation and control drawings, P&IDs, and specifications. Participate in pre-commissioning meetings to understand project objectives and timelines. Assist in developing commissioning plans and procedures for instrumentation and control systems.
- Oversee the installation of instrumentation devices, including sensors, transmitters, valves, and controllers, ensuring compliance with design and safety standards. Calibrate instrumentation to ensure accuracy and reliability of measurement and control. Verify proper connection and wiring of control loops.
- Perform functional tests on instrumentation and control systems to ensure proper operation. Troubleshoot instrumentation issues and work closely with electrical and mechanical teams to resolve complex problems. Verify the functionality of control loops, interlocks, and safety systems.
- Configure and test PLCs, DCS (Distributed Control Systems), and SCADA systems to ensure proper functionality. Ensure communication between instrumentation and control devices is established and maintained. Verify the accuracy of measurement and control parameters.
- Maintain detailed records of all commissioning activities, including calibration records, test results, and instrument data. Generate daily progress reports and communicate findings to the Commissioning Specialist. Ensure compliance with regulatory and safety documentation requirements.
- Adhere to all safety protocols, guidelines, and regulations during commissioning activities. Participate in safety meetings and contribute to a safe working environment for the entire team. Identify potential safety hazards and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Work closely with quality control teams to ensure that instrumentation and control systems meet project quality standards. Participate in inspections and audits to verify compliance with design specifications
- Provide training and guidance to less experienced technicians and electricians on instrumentation and control systems. Stay updated on industry best practices, codes, and regulations relevant to commissioning and instrumentation work.
- Communicate with clients and project stakeholders to provide updates on commissioning progress and address any concerns or questions.
This opportunity from Worley Cord is available in Fort McMurray.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Worley Cord offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Worley Cord has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Long Hours
- All Types Of Weather
- Physically Fit
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Worley Cord:
The Cord Group is a family of companies that collectively deliver the project-management expertise and skilled-trades personnel for fabrication, module assembly and field construction of heavy-industrial projects across western Canada.
Read more on Worley Cord Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Worley Cord? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!