Exciting Roles Await for Pressure, Measurement & Controls Technicians in BC! Competitive Salary of $49.05/Hour Plus Amazing Benefits!
What FortisBC is Hiring for:
Pressure, Measurement & Controls Technician
Location: Victoria, BC
Job Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary: $49.05 Hourly
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of a PMT (Pressure, Measurement & Controls Technician).
- Program, install, commission, and maintain flow computers, RTU’s, communication devices, transmitters, AMR, and stand-alone alarm devices.
- Install instrumentation cabling and field junction boxes.
- Develop and implement control strategies for station pneumatic and electronic systems.
- Develop and implement remote automation solutions.
- Troubleshoot system problems (gas, controls, measurement, station, etc.).
- Install and commission new equipment in reg. and meter stations (reg’s, control valves, filters, meters, etc.).
- Setup and commission new line heaters and their controls (FGI’s, etc.).
- Perform combustion analysis and tune line heater burners.
- Test line break valve pneumatic and electronic closure systems.
- Manage work – electronic work and maintain management systems (CMMS / SAP).
- Project planning and execution.
- Provide oversight for others from a measurement and controls perspective.
- Emergency callouts – provide 24-hour coverage on a rotational basis.
- Work independently.
- Completion of company competency assessments.
- Instrumentation Technologist
- With a two-year diploma in Instrumentation,
- Or Journeyman “Red Seal” Industrial Instrumentation Mechanic (IIM) with relevant natural gas experience.
- An outside, fully-qualified hire without natural gas experience who started at PMCA 1: must pass internal competency for PMCT after one (1) year to progress to end rate.
- This role has standby requirements based on operational needs.
- This role has on-call requirements based on operational needs.
- The successful candidate must adhere to the residency requirements of this position.
- This role has overtime requirements based on operational needs.
- This role has travel requirements based on operational needs.
- This role has out-of-town work requirements based on operational needs.
- Drug check
- Background screening
This opportunity from FortisBC is available in Victoria.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with FortisBC offers:
Long Term Work
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
FortisBC has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Drug Test
- Pre-Employment Check
- Overtime Required
- Safety Tickets
- Travel Required
- Shift Work
- Work Weekends
- Journeyman Certification
- Red Seal
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
FortisBC is a Canadian-owned company based in British Columbia and they have more than 2,400 employees across the province. They deliver natural gas, electricity and innovative energy solutions to about 1.2 million consumers throughought the province.
The company operates about 49,000 km of natural gas pipelines and about 7,260 km of electric transmission and distribution power lines.
Read more on FortisBC Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from FortisBC? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!