($55.50/hr + Shift Premiums + Paid Travel) Heavy Duty Mechanics / Heavy Equipment Technicians
What OCL Group is Hiring for:
Heavy Duty Mechanics / Heavy Equipment Technicians
Project: Haul truck repair project
Location: Fort McMurray at the Syncrude Aurora MineCLAC rate: $55.50/hr + time and a half after 8 hours per day
CLAC benefits: RRSP, training allowance
- Shift - 14 on 14 off, 6 on 6 off, 14 and 7. Shifts may vary.
- Night shift premium offered
- Camp - room, board and meals provided
- Travel allowance paid per rotation based on home base location
- Local premium available for Fort McMurray residents
- Engine oil changes and oil sampling
- Maintenance repairs; Component change out, lube service, mechanical service, leaks, etc.
- Completing preventative maintenance on the equipment, greasing, lubing and repair.
- Component change out
- Diagnostic and repair
- Ensure FLHA’s are completed at the beginning of every job and work is completed safely
- Complete equipment maintenance in line with OCL, client and industry standards, procedures, and practices
- Ensure goals are met and progress is communicated to supervisor
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Certificates & Licenses
- Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic/Heavy Equipment Technician certificate with Interprovincial Red Seal
- Must have an Off Road Ticket
- Experience working on Caterpillar equipment and Caterpillar service information systems required
- Previous haul truck experience would be an asset
- Experience working in both a field and a shop environment considered an asset
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Either a CSTS/OSSA or BSO/CSO
- Great attitude towards health and safety
- Strong work ethic
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- Once hired, will need to complete Syncrude orientations and various other site-specific training courses to access site
- Drug check
- Background screening
This opportunity from OCL Group is available in Fort McMurray.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with OCL Group offers:
Many Positions Available
14 & 14
Long Term Work
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
OCL Group has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Long Hours
- Shift Work
- Physically Fit
- CSTS/OSSA or BSO or CSO (Common Safety Orientation)
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Certification
- Red Seal
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About OCL Group:
OCL Group Inc. (OCL), is a proudly 100% Canadian, privately held, employee owned fully integrated general contractor. With design build solutions across Western Canada, experience you can trust, and quality you can depend on. OCL Group has been serving the energy and municipal infrastructure markets since 2009.
Read more on OCL Group Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from OCL Group? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!