It's time for some tough love...
You might not want to hear it, but the majority of employers will probably pass your application over.
While the oilfield / construction industry is pretty open to all comers and hard workers, the cold hard truth is it's much harder to get hired if you've got a past or a total lack of relevant experience.
Near as I can tell, some of the issues you're facing may include:
- You might not be completely truthful with the info you provide to employers or you're unaware of jobs you're actually qualified to perform.
- The jobs you're applying for require a license you don't have.
- You may not pass the employer's background check.
- You're missing several key tickets / certifications that are mandatory and legally required on job sites.
- You don't have enough relevant experience for the jobs you're applying to.
- You don't have a strong enough resume, and need better references.
- Your drug alchohol / use may be considered a safety issue by a potential employer.
- Gaps in your work history may be a problem for the types of work you're after.
- You may need to consider traveling for work.
For today, here's 2 things I need you to do for me:
- Keep pounding! Make sure you're signed up for our custom job alerts here (you won't get hired if you don't apply)
- Keep your eyes open for an opening in the EJSU program in the coming weeks (I'll keep you posted!)
That's all for now. Thanks for taking the EJSU survey!
Yours in success,