Water Treatment Plant Foreman
What City of Cold Lake is Hiring for:
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
The City of Cold Lake is seeking a qualified individual to fill the permanent, full-time position of Water Treatment Plant Foreman with the Infrastructure Department.
Reporting to the Environmental Services Manager, the Water Treatment Plant Foreman is responsible for leading and supervising the Water and Wastewater Treatment group for the City; overseeing the safe, efficient, effective delivery of the Water and Wastewater Treatment Program. This role assumes the regulatory role and all responsibilities according to the Alberta Environment Act and other Acts and regulations. This position oversees daily operations, including field samples, lab testing, organizing data and record management, as well as maintenance and repair of the water and wastewater systems, pump houses, lift stations, and treatment facilities. The Water Treatment Plant Foreman liaises with contractors, outside regulatory water agencies, and health and safety agencies. This position also assists the Environmental Services Manager with staffing and staff training.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience directly related to the operation and maintenance of a Water Treatment Plant facility.
- High School Diploma or College degree in related field.
- Experienced leader with knowledge of applicable maintenance and management theories, practices and trends in an operations environment, for the environment and Water/Wastewater related programs.
- Alberta Environment Certifications in Level II Water Treatment, Level III Water Distribution, Level II Wastewater Collection, and Level I Wastewater Treatment is required.
- A current Class 3 Operator’s license with Q endorsement is preferred.
- Ability to wear SCBA and lift 25 kilograms on a daily basis.
- Must be well versed with SCADA system operations.
- Superior communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are essential for this position.
- Able to build relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization is essential, as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Proficiency with computers and MS office software.
Relocation Support will be provided
The City of Cold Lake provides a competitive compensation package to successful candidates, including an exceptional benefits plan, pension plan, and a variety of developmental opportunities.
Interested candidates, submit a detailed resume including qualifications and past and present work experience. Please include a cover letter describing your experience and abilities with respect to the above listed qualifications and copies of any relevant certifications. The City of Cold Lake appreciates receiving applications from all qualified individuals; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
These opportunities from City of Cold Lake are available in Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with City of Cold Lake offers:
Hands On Training
Well Maintained Equipment
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
City of Cold Lake has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- High School Diploma
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About City of Cold Lake:
With a population of approximately 15 800, Cold Lake is a city that offers a wealth of excitement, adventure and entertainment for all in any season. Hugging the southern shores of Alberta’s seventh largest lake, this recreational paradise can be accessed in summer and winter through western Canada’s largest inland marina. New housing, excellent educational facilities, a multipurpose recreational facility and a college are just a few of the highlights that truly make Cold Lake a community of choice.
Read more on City of Cold Lake Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from City of Cold Lake? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!