Structural Engineer Opportunity in Calgary, AB: Join Kiewit Engineering - $68,099 per year & Career Growth!
What Kiewit is Hiring for:
Mid-Level Structural Design Engineer
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Normal operating hours, overtime and weekends as required
Pay: Competitive salary based on experience
Schedule: Flexible available
- Opportunity for career growth and mentorship
- Health and wellness programs
- Retirement benefits
- Professional development opportunities
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare designs for structures, including research, system selection, analysis, and drawing preparation.
- Apply department and industry standards to oversee the preparation of calculations, project drawings, and project specifications.
- Mentor and direct the work of entry and mid-level employees.
- Leverage Building Information Modeling (BIM) for plans, drawings, and details.
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to address structural-related issues.
- Recommend changes for standards or process improvements.
- Prepare, monitor, and update project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Support department managers in setting and achieving performance goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in a civil or architectural engineering program.
- Minimum of four years' experience in structural engineering and design.
- Experience in the industrial or building markets preferred.
Knowledge & Skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in utilizing spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and computer operations.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in engineering software: CSi SAP2000 and SAFE, RISA Suite.
- Knowledge and experience with BIM software: Revit preferred, AutoCAD, and Navisworks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Regular, reliable attendance.
- Ability to work productively, meet deadlines, and perform work safely and effectively.
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Based out of Calgary, AB.
- Construction-focused engineering services for infrastructure, industrial, and energy markets.
- Opportunity for flexible work arrangements.
- Normal office environment, with occasional site visits.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Certificates & Licenses:
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng) designation.
- Drug check
- Background screening
This opportunity from Kiewit is available in Calgary.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Kiewit offers:
Long Term Work
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Kiewit has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Drug Test
- Pre-Employment Check
- Overtime Required
- Travel Required
- Shift Work
- Bachelors Degree
- Work Weekends
- Valid Certifications
- 4 Years Experience
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
Kiewit is one of North America’s largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned organization operates through a network of subsidiaries in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation; oil, gas and chemical; power; building; water/wastewater; industrial; and mining. Kiewit had 2019 revenues of $10.3 billion and employs 23,000 staff and craft employees.
Read more on Kiewit Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Kiewit? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!