Skilled Labourers / Day & Night Shifts / Camp & Travel
What DCM Group is Hiring for:
- Various Rotations (Shift Cycle is subject to change)
- Day shift and/or Night shift
- Travel is required
- Charter flights from Edmonton or Calgary to site
- Camp accommodations
- Ability to lift and carry objects independently or as a team
- Ability to meet and maintain site access requirements
- Load and unload construction materials, move materials to different work areas, cleaning and preparing a job site
- Assist tradespersons in construction activities
- Assist heavy equipment operators to secure special attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in moving equipment and provide assistance in other activities;
- Assist in aligning pipes and perform related activities during oil and gas pipeline construction
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using rake and shovel
- Remove rubble and other debris/snow from construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment
- Perform other activities at construction sites as directed
- There are no minimum educational requirements to be a Skilled Laborer but experience is considered an asset
- Fire watch and Confined Space ticket
- Zoom Boom ticket is an asset
- Site specific training may be given to the Skilled Laborer to qualify them for certain tasks
- Ability to complete physically demanding work in cold weather
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to self and others
- Must be willing and able to work unsupervised as well as part of a team
- Must be very safety oriented and follow all safety procedures closely while on the job
- Perform heavy maintenance work involving climbing, rigging, and exposure to high pressure hydraulic and pneumatic systems in accordance with all company safety procedures
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Demonstrate practical problem solving ability. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
This opportunity from DCM Group is available in Fort McMurray.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with DCM Group offers:
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
DCM Group has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Background Check
- Travel Required
- Shift Work
- Physically Fit
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About DCM Group:
We deliver efficient integrated industrial and commercial construction services. With a tremendous depth of knowledge, extensive experience and demonstrated success in many markets across Canada and internationally, we build lasting partnerships with clients.
Read more on DCM Group Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from DCM Group? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!