Secure, Long-Term Career: Nuclear Response Team Officer (NRT) Positions Available in Tiverton, ON!
What Bruce Power is Hiring for:
Nuclear Response Team Officers (NRT)
Location: Tiverton, ON
Job Type: Permanent, Part-time
Schedule: Shift basis
- Competitive benefits
- Compensation, and pension package
- Provide conventional security and/or armed security patrol, and tactical response capabilities to breaches of security, emergencies, armed attacks, or contingency situations, on or in relation to the protected or controlled areas
- Carry (on person), and effectively employ, a variety of non-lethal and lethal weapon systems, day and night surveillance systems, as well as standard and tactical communication systems
- Carry out assigned foot and vehicle patrols of buildings, grounds and fences to enforce trespassing regulations
- Operate, as required, a motor vehicle, communications and emergency equipment. Prepare and maintain records of security activities performed as per procedures
- During drills and/or emergency situations execute designated duties regarding information collection and communication, access control and/or evacuation of site in accordance with station/site contingency plans and procedures
- Conduct searches of persons, packages and vehicles entering and leaving the facility, using physical and technological methods, to ensure that no weapons or explosives enter the facility and to prevent the unauthorized removal of Category I, II or III nuclear material
- Monitor, record, and search all vehicle and pedestrian traffic entering the protected and/or controlled areas of the facility in accordance with approved procedures and operating policies
- Operate a program to provide employment/employee screening
- Perform investigations, as directed, on suspected or known occurrences of theft, fraud, mischief or any other criminal or quasi-criminal act detrimental to the welfare of Bruce Power
- Coordinate and maintain the access card program for the various entry-controlled locations at the site.
- Issue, retrieve and control radiation dosimeter badges for various personnel, entering/leaving designated radiation zones. Monitor vehicles and personnel for possible contamination. Keep Manager and senior station personnel informed of all incidents.
- Operate and monitor closed circuit TV units and intrusion equipment. Identify and/or record any unusual situations to the Manager for direction. Maintain a log of all Security Monitoring Room activities. Operate a personal computer and associated software applications to input and retrieve basic information such as, vehicle and visitor information etc., as well as to communicate with various site personnel via E-mail to provide and/or request information.
- Provide first aid, fire, and emergency response as required. Respond to and take appropriate action to alarms on site
- Obtain and maintain Public Agent Authorization in accordance with the Nuclear Security Regulations under the Nuclear Safety and Control Act
- Perform other duties as required
- Candidates must have a minimum of Grade 12, with at least one year of further study in relevant subjects such as Police Foundations, Law and Security, or Criminology or by having the equivalent level of education
- Minimum of three (3) years practical experience gained in law enforcement, military, corrections or in a private security environment will be required
Certificates & Licenses
- Valid Firearms Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) - both restricted AND non-restricted. (back and front of card)
- Valid Standard First Aid and C.P.R.
- Valid Ontario Driver's License.
- Required documentation MUST be attached to your application for consideration
- Drug and alcohol testing in accordance with company policy/procedure.
This opportunity from Bruce Power is available in Tiverton.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Bruce Power offers:
Many Positions Available
Long Term Work
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Bruce Power has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Valid Drivers License
- Drug Test
- Pre-Employment Check
- Long Hours
- Overtime Required
- 3 Years Experience
- Shift Work
- Valid Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Bruce Power:
Situated on the shores of Lake Huron, Bruce Power is a world leader in the production of electricity, annually generating 30 per cent of Ontario’s electricity at 30 per cent less than the average cost to generate residential power. Our more than 4,200 employees are proud of the role they play in safely delivering clean, reliable, low-cost nuclear power to families and businesses across the province, and contributing to the production of life-saving medical isotopes which are used across the globe.
Read more on Bruce Power Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Bruce Power? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!