Pipeliner Trainees Urgently Needed in MI, PA, TX (Great Wages, Benefits)
What Energy Transfer is Hiring for:
The Pipeliner can work independently to repair and maintain all pipe lines and appurtenances and performs work incidental to the daily operation and maintenance of pump stations and delivery facilities and is the primary responder to all one calls, normal and emergency, in the designated area. Responsible for right-of-way maintenance including line-marking as needed.
- Performs duties related to general pipeline construction and maintenance such as, but not limited to digging ditches, clearing right-of-way, coating pipe, building and repairing fences.
- Work also involves running scrapers, operating small portable pumps and repairing pipeline leaks. This position also installs right-of-way signs and markers and provides inspection of contract employees performing maintenance activities.
- Does general maintenance of station grounds such as mowing, trimming, and cutting weeds. Loads and unloads heavy materials related to pipeline equipment.
- Operates Company vehicles up to 10,000 GVW such as trucks and tractors. Also uses pipe saws, hot-tap machines etc. as directed. Cleans office and shop facilities.
- Interfaces with land owners, reads maps, locates lines and performs one calls.
- Responsible for helping maintain safe and healthful working conditions by exercising sound judgment and complying with safety regulations and standards.
- Performs relief gauging and tank inspection requiring working at heights up to 50 feet above ground level.
- As directed, relieves in all higher-rated hourly classifications where qualified normally within that respective work area. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must reside within 45 miles of reporting location. The described job duties are a framework in which work will be assigned. This description is not inclusive of all responsibilities or job assignments. This position will require extended off-hour duties at times.
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year service as a Pipeliner or five years relevant industry experience.
- Must be able to work overtime as assigned and respond to emergency response activities as needed.
- Must be self-reliant, dependable, and able to maintain harmonious working relations with co-workers.
- Must write legibly, maintain neat appearance, be accurate in math, and maintain a good safety attitude and record.
- The ability to work outdoors in extreme weather and perform heavy physical labor in a safe manner.
- Must be able to perform heavy physical work, and perform duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- A good knowledge of a variety of hand and power tools and operate with them in a safe manner.
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence to operate various classes of equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
These opportunities from Energy Transfer are available in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Texas.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Energy Transfer offers:
Hands On Training
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Energy Transfer has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- 1 Year Experience
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Energy Transfer:
Read more on Energy Transfer Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Energy Transfer? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!