Pipeline Rock Truck Operators Needed in BC
What Ledcor is Hiring for:
You are an experienced Rock Truck Operator with pipeline construction experience. You will be responsible for operating a Rock Truck in accordance with quality, safety and efficiency standards.
- Effectively and safely operates articulating trucks, utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks related to pipeline construction. This includes operating on adverse terrain, in winter operations, and/or near other equipment and power lines.
- Operates in crowded, fast-paced working environments, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Interprets verbal and non-verbal communication (including hand signals) from operators, ground personnel and swampers, and acts accordingly.
- Performs mechanical inspections and servicing including controls and operations, completing logbooks, performs maintenance and adjustments, ensures good housekeeping, and performs machine lubrication.
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds.
- Recognizes existing and potential hazards and knows how to identify these through conducting a field level pre-job hazard analysis, checking the machine for hazards and assessing any tasks before start.
- Minimum 3 years of experience operating articulating trucks and other heavy equipment on a mainline pipeline job or similar experience
- Experience operating trucks 30 ton or greater is a requirement
- Experience operating trucks in mountainous or steep slope terrain is an asset
- Previous experience performing daily service and preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Previous experience working on mainline pipeline projects will be highly regarded.
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be willing and able to obtain valid PCST (Pipeline Construction Safety Training), First Aid Lvl C with CPR, Defensive Driving Training, and Ground Disturbance Lvl 2 certificates. Training provided.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Willing to provide a valid driver’s license and abstract.
These opportunities from Ledcor are available in Kitimat, British Columbia, Canada.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Ledcor offers:
Room for advancement
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Ledcor has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- 3 Years Experience
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
Ledcor is a company that deals with concrete and steel but they focus extensively on partnerships with their employees, communities, contractors and clients. They put safety first and strive to find smarter, more sustainable ways to get the job done right.
Read more on Ledcor Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Ledcor? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!