Northwest Manufacturer Seeking CNC Laser Operator!
What L. K. Jordan & Associates is Hiring for:
Production CNC Laser Operator.
Salary: $23-26/HR /doe Step Scale
Temp to Hire
Need to be available for overtime and weekends as need
- Maximizes resources and meets all production goals by working with other team member.
- Set up parameters of laser cutting by utilizing a touch screen on the equipment to adjust focal length, speed, and wattage of material.
- Determines specifications such as library files, materials used, cutting tip, orientation of material, cutting speed of machine and focal setting.
- Performs set-up operations on the laser by accessing and inputting parameters through a CNC controller.
- Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by adhering to all Super lift and OSHA safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Checks quality of cut by inspecting parts coming off machine.
- Practices safe working habits by checking all safety devices and procedures are operating properly and being used.
- Correctly identify and mark parts with correct part number, organize in a manner that is neat and doesn t scratch other parts.
- Sorts parts accordingly to daily nest by stacking like pieces together to do one set up at a time for the next operation.
- Examines completed parts for defects such as dents, scratches, marred surfaces, and sorts of defective pieces according to type of defect by performing visual inspection.
- Ensures safe operation by checking for tools, loose materials, or persons in the point of operation or around the machine before starting operation.
- Assists next operator by arranging parts on the table and moving it to the next station in the production process.
- Suggests improvements in work methods a procedure by presenting ideas to supervisors and management personnel.
- Ensures that new operators are operating equipment safely and efficiently by functioning as trainers and mentors.
- Troubleshoots work-related problems by participating in meetings and asking co-workers, supervisors, and management personnel when confronted with problems that may not have been encountered before.
Hand Tools included but not limited to the following.
- Lens extractor
- Grease gun
- Deburring tool
- Air Hammers
- Minimum High School Diploma, general education degree (GED), and/or completion certificate from a certified technical school.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 1 year of CNC laser operation
- Nesting experience is preferred.
- Will need to pass visual test on product
- Bilingual is a plus but not required.
This opportunity from L. K. Jordan & Associates is available in Houston.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with L. K. Jordan & Associates offers:
Long Term Work
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
L. K. Jordan & Associates has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Overtime Required
- 5 Years Experience
- Work Weekends
- Skills Test
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About L. K. Jordan & Associates:
L.K. Jordan & Associates is focused on delivering extraordinary results to both employers and candidates through service delivery, reliability and individualized solutions.
Read more on L. K. Jordan & Associates Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from L. K. Jordan & Associates? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!