Millwrights Wanted in Entwistle, Alberta: $51.00/hr
What Drax Group is Hiring for:
At Drax, we are working towards a zero-carbon, sustainable future and you can help make this future a reality.If you are an excellent communicator, are organized, detail oriented, results oriented, join the team as a Millwright!
- Actively participates in Drax Safety culture, including the use of DATS for recording safety conversations, observations and training. Regularly sets an example and provides leadership for Owning Safety looks to contribute to all areas of the business.
- Support the leadership team when mentoring and training other employees to ensure employees are properly trained and competent complete with the appropriate documentation.
- Maintains Drax's high standards of housekeeping within the department and with the participation of all team members.
- Utilizes SDS for all chemicals used in the production and ensures all employees are adequately trained on their use.
- Complete all safety related Plant Operator Development Program training requirements as required by each Level.
- Participate and communicate on the company radio’s following Drax’s Radio Usage Procedure
- Maintain radio communication that is brief, clear, in a natural speaking voice and contains only essential instructions and Information.
- Active involvement in Drax's OH&S Committee.
Technical Routine Daily Maintenance – 75%
- Providing regular and routine maintenance to machines ensuring safety, quality, productivity and environmental policies are held to the highest standards.
- Install, maintain, inspect and repair a wide variety of mechanical equipment.
- Work with other trades in a team environment, to increasing safety, efficiency, quality and production.
Shutdown and Strategic Capital Projects – 15%
- Provides assistance and expertise to projects including planning as needed.
- Collaborates with other maintenance team members and Drax staff to ensure safety, efficiency, quality and timely execution of projects.
Mentorship and Leadership to Maintenance Staff – 10%
- Champions the Drax Safety Program; active contributor in maintaining safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legislation and regulations.
- Mentor in house Millwright Apprentices through their professional development.
- Red Seal Certified Millwright
- 5 years of progressive heavy industry experience, preferably in pellet industry, particle board or fibre board industries.
- Welding and fabricating experience an asset.
- Experience with wet precipitators an asset.
- Experience in heavy industry operations an asset.
- Able to operate mobile equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer proficient and familiar with work order systems.
- Adaptable to changes in work schedules or work tasks.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Valid Driver’s license.
This opportunity from Drax Group is available in Entwistle.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Drax Group offers:
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Drax Group has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Red Seal
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Drax Group:
If you like a fast-paced, changing environment, come be part of a great team!
At Drax, we’re at our best when we help each other achieve the things that are important to each of us. We’re passionate about our role in providing a supply of stable, renewable energy and if you want to play your part, then why not apply today?
Read more on Drax Group Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Drax Group? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!