Mechanical Superintendent (6 day on, 1 day off Rotation) - $250/day LOA (if out of town)
What OCL Group is Hiring for:
Location: William Lake, BC
- Communicate with the team through daily safety meetings
- Supervise crew and subcontractor tasks
- Maintain regular contact with client representatives on contract issues, schedule, delivery and technical issues
- Drive cost-effective strategies in the field
- Hire and assign construction workers to each project scope
- Participate in site safety toolbox meetings
- Coordinate construction services and activities
- Maintain construction schedule and make changes as necessary to ensure milestones are met
- Assist with estimates for project scope of work, including labor, supplies, materials and other costs
- Execute work in line with federal, provincial and client and company quality standards, codes and safety regulations.
- Assist Construction Manager on daily reports, schedules and manpower
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Superintendent with mechanical/facility background
- Qualified Journeyman Steamfitter/Pipefitter/Welder or trades personnel with experience in piping and mechanical scopes
- Experience in scheduling, labor budget preparation and field work planning
- Previous facility/plant experience
- Previous experience in civil/earthworks is considered an asset
Knowledge & Skills
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Sound knowledge of computer software use such as Google suites and Bluebeam.
- A demonstrated background in team leadership with a focus on worksite safety.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
Certificates & Licences
- CSTS 2020 (we can provide)
- WHMIS 2015 (we can provide)
- 6 days on, 1 day off
- 60 hours per week. Most shifts start at 7:00 am but hours may vary based on site requirements.
- Overtime and work on weekends as required
- One paid 30-minute break and a 30-minute unpaid lunch break per day
- Drug and alcohol test required
- Competitive base wage, negotiable, based on experience
- $250/day LOA (if out of town)
- Company truck provided or a $120 per day truck allowance with a fuel card
- Cell phone allowance or company provided cell phone
- Company laptop
- Benefits after 90 days
This opportunity from OCL Group is available in Williams Lake.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with OCL Group offers:
6 & 1
Living Out Allowance
Paid Time Off
Long Term Work
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
OCL Group has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Valid Drivers License
- Drug Test
- Pre-Employment Check
- Clean Driving Record
- Overtime Required
- Shift Work
- 5 Years Experience
- Work Weekends
- Valid Certifications
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About OCL Group:
OCL Group Inc. (OCL), is a proudly 100% Canadian, privately held, employee owned fully integrated general contractor. With design build solutions across Western Canada, experience you can trust, and quality you can depend on. OCL Group has been serving the energy and municipal infrastructure markets since 2009.
The formation of OCL was a direct result of a few long-tenured industry professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit, wanting to get back to their roots and build an organization “where people matter”. Formed in 2009, OCL started their first project and began building on a business model focussed on people and “Doing The Job Right”.
Our senior management team boasts more than 300 collective years of extensive construction knowledge, that enables OCL to successfully manage projects ranging in size and complexity. Our competitive advantage lies in our foundation of an empowered employee ownership group. This results in competitive pricing, fiscal responsibility, integrity, client centric relationships based in value and a history of client satisfaction. Delivering on projects large and small, with quality work, executed on schedule and budget, our client base continues to grow.
Employee ownership creates a unique team environment and as a leadership team we recognize our success is a direct result of our employees individual contributions. Success is not measured in the size of the organization, but rather the visible and collective efforts of a team working in an atmosphere where people matter. Success is driven by living the core values of the organization – Safety, Quality, Integrity, People and Relationships.
Our employees provide innovative solutions to improve project outcomes for clients and continually set the bar higher for safety performance. Today we employ over 300 team members, with offices in Okotoks, Edmonton, Fort McKay, Fort McMurray, Alberta and Dawson Creek, British Columbia. We are an organization you need to get to know.
Read more on OCL Group Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from OCL Group? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!