Material Technician Journeyperson (7&7, Camp, Fly-In, $46.50/day Incentive)
What Jardeg is Hiring for:
- Position: Material Technician Journeyperson
- Project Type: Maintenance
- Project Location: Suncor Firebag Maintenance
- Shift: 12 hours, all breaks paid
- Schedule: 7/7
- Accommodations: Camp provided
- Travel Details: fly to/from site Calgary and Edmonton - camp only 7 minutes site bus from site
- GC: Graham
- Allied Partner: Heartland Constructors Inc.
- Reference Number: 16000
- Market Rate Adder Incentive of $46.50 per day in affect until July 31st, 2022 on top of base hourly rate for all Material Technician Journeyperson positions at Suncor Firebag!
HEARTLAND is currently seeking a Material Technician to join our SUNCOR Firebag Maintenance scope near Fort McMurray, Alberta. This is a full time permanent position on a 7/7schedule ASAP.
Materials technicians are involved in the movement of materials in a wide variety of industries including agriculture, forestry, health, manufacturing, mining, oil and gas, transportation and retail industries. They are employed by organizations that produce, process and retail a wide variety of products.
- demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the printed catalogue as well as the electronic systems and methods used in the identification, location, and supplying of parts and assemblies to repair shops and individuals
- understand the actions and interactions and know the characteristics of the skills and knowledge required to co-ordinate and determine the most favourable behaviour of parts and material inventories maintained by dealers, jobbers and other types of outlets
- relate to the work of other trades associated with the Parts Technician industry
- be knowledgeable in all aspects of the proper procedural methods for the safe handling and warehousing of all classes of parts and materials
- demonstrate the accurate, prompt identification and application of parts and assemblies required to maintain the serviceable condition of pleasure, commercial, industrial and agricultural vehicles and machines
- demonstrate the productive application of skills and knowledge necessary to initiate and develop effective communication with the intelligent use of the telephone, facsimile, memos and have an adequate understanding of electronic and computerized equipment in the present day parts business
- demonstrate the ability to recognize and develop situations which are particularly relevant to customer satisfaction, human relations and product promotion
- cultivate an attitude or work ethic which will encourage the practice of good interpersonal skills and honesty
- maintain a standard of professionalism suitable to the position of responsibility held by the Parts Technician
- adapt and develop ability to move with confidence between sectors of the trade
- to assess problems and provide corrective measures as they occur
- perform assigned tasks in accordance with quality and production standards required by industry
- Common Safety Orientation (CSO)
- OSSA Fall Protection
- WHMIS 2015
- Respirartory Protective Equipment Certificate
- Zoom Boom (Considered as an asset)
- Transportation of Dangerous goods (Considered as an asset)
- Material Technician Journeyperson
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License and a clean 3 Year abstract
These opportunities from Jardeg are available in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Jardeg offers:
12 hr shifts
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Jardeg has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Fall Protection
- CSTS/OSSA or BSO or CSO (Common Safety Orientation)
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
If you’re a tradesperson working in Canada, their positions across commercial, infrastructure, and industrial construction and maintenance means they have more than just a job for you.
Read more on Jardeg Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Jardeg? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!