Maintenance Technician & Millwright Journeyperson in Peace River, AB: $49.16 to $56.04 an hour
What Mercer International is Hiring for:
The role. We are seeking a full-time, permanent Millwright (Industrial Mechanic) Journeyperson within the Maintenance Department. In this role, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of mill equipment. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, have a strong work ethic and be a team player.
Role and Responsibilities
- Install, maintain, repair and troubleshoot machinery, mechanical, and pressure equipment
- Complete hazard assessments to ensure work is executed in a safe fashion
- Development, improvement and adherence to safe work practices and procedures
- Entry of work requests for initiation of work to be conducted; closure of work orders with descriptive detail of actual work performed
- Demonstrate positive safety behaviors in the Mission Zero journey
- Additional duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Alberta Certified or Out of Province Inter-Provincial Red Seal Certified Journeyperson Millwright. 3-5 years of Journeyperson experience will be considered an asset.
- Mechanical aptitude with strong troubleshooting abilities
- Strong understanding of workplace safety, being a leader in safety awareness and positive mentor to peers
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Ability to provide shift coverage and SWAT (scheduled weekend coverage and call ins) as required
- Pulp Mill and Industrial Maintenance experience, as well as a background in preventative maintenance will be considered assets
Featured Benefits of Working with Us
- We offer our full‐time team members a comprehensive benefit plan, as well as a Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company matched RRSP and Flexible Pension Plan options. We also offer an employee assistance program, life insurance, short and long term disability.
- We like to provide you with ample time to enjoy your life. This role works four 10‐hour days a week (i.e. Monday ‐ Thursday) from 7:00 a.m. ‐ 5:00 p.m. This means you will enjoy a 3‐day weekend every week.
- Compensation is based on experience, qualifications and competency with a hourly rate range of $49.16-$56.04, plus a 5% Average Regular Premium (ARP), with overtime being paid at double the hourly rate. You will also start with three weeks (120 hours) of annual vacation, prorated based on your start date.
- Employer provided relocation assistance for anyone outside our local hiring area. We want to make moving as stress-free as possible so that team members can concentrate on getting acquainted with their new position at Mercer Peace River, with their team, and with our community.
This opportunity from Mercer International is available in Peace River.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Mercer International offers:
10 Hour Shifts
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Mercer International has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- High School Diploma
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Mercer International:
At Mercer, we aim to be a preferred provider of renewable bio-based products, produced sustainably by our teams in a safe, efficient environment. We optimize stakeholder value and respond to market needs through integrated strategies, modern technology, and proficient use of our resources. We are committed to supporting a healthy environment and preserving our natural resources by sourcing wood from sustainably managed forests. We do this through the dedication of our team members, as we continue to grow and remain proud of our accomplishments and the legacy of excellence that we uphold.
Read more on Mercer International Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Mercer International? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!