Maintenance Supervisor: $99,100 - $121,200 per year (Williams Lake)
What Drax Group is Hiring for:
If you are a proven leader of Electricians, Millwrights and/or Heavy Duty Mechanics, and enjoy planning, scheduling and pro-actively maintaining equipment, join the team as the Maintenance Supervisor.
The Maintenance Supervisor leads their teams in safely carrying out all maintenance related activities while remaining in compliance with quality specifications and government regulations. They will build, maintain, and hold accountable a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration within the team and ensure all Drax standards of Safety, Respect in the workplace and operational policies and procedures are understood and properly executed.
The Supervisor will exemplify Drax’s Values, Vision and Mission while setting the standard for safety, targets, budgets and team objectives. The Maintenance Supervisor will have several direct reports per shift.
So, what will you be doing?
- Champions the Drax Safety Program; providing leadership by encouraging and demonstrating a safe and healthy work environment, aligned with company policies and procedures.
- Conducts and leads root cause analysis for equipment breakdowns and plant systems as required.
- Leads shut down planning for plant repairs and provides a detailed post-analysis.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills across the plant and with Drax colleagues (reliability, technical, process, and automation teams) to achieve maintenance objectives
- Prepares and provides annual maintenance budget information for the plant; monitoring expenditures and identifying variances
- Performance Management & Supervision
- Coaches’ employees, gives feedback, builds relationships, troubleshoots challenges, and evaluates performance
- Collaborates with the maintenance team, planning for both short term and long-range projects.
- Ensures employees and contractors receive Drax orientation, onboarding, and training, through the lens of safety and our core value
- Organize work schedules of employees, review vacation requests, and ensure appropriate coverage is provided for assigned work tasks of the maintenance team
- Partner with the site leadership team and HR to ensure that recruitment, training, development, performance standards, are managed at a tangible level to drive improved performance
Maintenance & Operations
- Audits lockouts, hot work permits, and project completion for employees and contractors on site in line with safety requirements
- Ensure Drax’s mechanical and operational assets are maintained in safe operating condition
- Maintains inventory levels, critical spares, consumables and performs monthly inventory counts
- Ensure all maintenance work is tracked and followed through the work order system, including all contractor work
- Implements production, productivity, quality, and service standards. Drives accountabilities and resolves issues
- Drives continuous improvements and collaborates with leadership to strengthen plant operations.
Who you are?
- 3-5 years of progressive maintenance and supervisor experience, preferably in Wood Products Manufacturing. A relevant combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Good mechanical aptitude, with education or a background as an Engineer, Technician, or Certified Tradesperson.
- A good understanding of manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Proven safety leader, who is committed to Drax’s Golden Rules of Safety.
- You are an adaptable team player with excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- A track record as an effective, supportive, and engaging supervisor.
- The ability to effectively use Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Suite of Programs as well as work order systems and employee systems for time entry and reporting.
- A valid driver's license is required to get to and from the site.
This opportunity from Drax Group is available in Williams Lake.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Drax Group offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Drax Group has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- 5 Years Experience
- Advanced Computer Skills
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Drax Group:
If you like a fast-paced, changing environment, come be part of a great team!
At Drax, we’re at our best when we help each other achieve the things that are important to each of us. We’re passionate about our role in providing a supply of stable, renewable energy and if you want to play your part, then why not apply today?
Read more on Drax Group Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Drax Group? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!