Journeyman Electricians Needed For Infrastructure Project in Nanaimo, BC. From $46.78/hour, Rotational Shifts, LOA, Travel, Accommodation & Transportation Included
What F&M Installations Ltd. is Hiring for:
The primary responsibility of the Commercial Journeyman Electrician is to perform the assigned duties in a safe and effective manner at all times, whether working alone or alongside fellow crew members. All tools of the trade needed, having the ability to read and understand site-specific plans; properly handle job materials, layout of day-to-day tasks, unloading, stacking and inventory of site materials. This is a lead position with emphasis put on individuals capable working smart, safe and often away from home.
Experience and Required Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of Commercial experience
- Must be able to test and terminate network cables or eager to learn how
- Sense of urgency and a “let’s get to work” attitude are a must
- Neat and organized when it comes to all aspects of installations
- Reading and interpreting drawings and schematics
- Familiar with LED lighting, lighting control and conduit work
- Installation of electrical distribution, lighting, and low voltage equipment
- Testing, commissioning, and troubleshooting of installed components
- Self - motivated and a self – starter
- Quality, professionalism, and organizational skills are an asset
- Basic computer skills
- Red-Seal Journeyman
- CSTS, WHIMIS, Fall-arrest and First Aid are an asset
- Extensive knowledge of CEC
- In town work will be 8hrs days with overtime when required
- Willingness to work out of town, longer shifts, and/or evenings
- Rotational shifts can be : 21 days on/ 7 days off, or 14 days on/ 7 days off etc.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- LOA, travel and accommodations will be provided by FMI for out of town work
- Transportation from Nanaimo Office to job is included
This opportunity from F&M Installations Ltd. is available in Nanaimo.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with F&M Installations Ltd. offers:
14 & 7
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
F&M Installations Ltd. has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Fall Protection
- First Aid
- CSTS/OSSA or BSO or CSO (Common Safety Orientation)
- Journeyman Certification
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About F&M Installations Ltd.:
Do you think you have what it takes to be a key contributor in building Canada’s power infrastructure? The FMI Group is an electrical contracting company that specializes in construction of commercial, industrial, large-scale energy generation, transmission and distribution projects. We are proud to consider ourselves to be a leading industrial utility service provider within Western Canada, executing projects in British Columbia, Yukon Territory, Alberta, and Manitoba. Based in Nanaimo, the Company has been family-owned and operated for over 35 years and offers a caring and collaborative work culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at the FMI Group.
Read more on F&M Installations Ltd. Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from F&M Installations Ltd.? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!