Journeyman & Apprentice Ironworkers ($47.35/hr + Chartered Flights from Edmonton & Calgary)
What Bird Nason Contracting Group is Hiring for:
We are always searching for dynamic and dedicated individuals to join our ever-growing Bird Nason Contracting Group team. Please take a look at our current opportunities.
Bird Nason Contracting Group is currently seeking applications for Journeyman/ Apprentice Ironworkers for SHUTDOWN work at CNRL near Fort McMurray, AB.
- Camp accommodation provided.
- Duration: May 18 – June 10, 2023
- Overtime: After 8 hours in a day, or 40 hours a week
- Hours: 12 hours per day
- Travel: Travel allowance provided (TAP) dependent on Province
- Flights: Charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
- Schedule: 24-day shutdown
- Shift: Day or Night (Nightshift Premium $2.00/hour)
- Journeyman Rate: $47.35 per hour as per Collective Agreement
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Taking information from a variety of sources, including blueprints and specifications, in order to select the correct materials for the project
- Using details from written plans and instructions from supervisors in order to securely bolt metal structures like beams and columns together
- Attach cables from a crane or derrick and direct crane operators with hand signals or radios
- Position steel units, align holes and insert temporary bolts
- Assemble and erect prefabricated metal structures
Desired Skills and Experience:
- To be considered for this position you must be a registered Journeyman or Apprentice in the trade of Ironworker
- Extensive knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work
- Experience on major industrial project sites
- The ability to lift, carry and handle weight up to 50lbs
- Must be organized, self-driven, and have ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions
Have the following tickets:
- H2S Alive
- Fall Pro
- Confined Space Entry & Monitor
- CSTS-09 or OSSA BSO
- WHMIS 2015
- Valid Journeyman/Apprentice Certificate
- All candidates must be able to produce a negative result on a drug and alcohol test.
These opportunities from Bird Nason Contracting Group are available in Calgary, Edmonton, Fort McMurray.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Bird Nason Contracting Group offers:
Many Positions Available
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Bird Nason Contracting Group has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- H2S ALIVE
- First Aid
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Bird Nason Contracting Group:
With almost 50 years of experience, Bird Nason Contracting Group is a successful western Canadian-based multi-discipline construction company specializing in the construction and servicing of environmental facilities.
Atypical to many general contractors, Bird Nason Contracting Group integrates work traditionally performed by subtrades into its company structure to create an atmosphere of mutual co-operation and trust. As an integrated team, we are able to undertake all components of a project to provide our clients with a building solution that is superior in terms of competitive costing and quality. This has resulted in the successful completion of many environmental facilities for numerous public and private clients.
Read more on Bird Nason Contracting Group Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Bird Nason Contracting Group? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!