Industrial Medics: OFA3's, EMR's & PCP's for year-round work
More info on what Trojan Safety Services Ltd. is hiring for:
We are a safety/ medic /industrial fire fighting service company who's primary focus is to service the oil & gas industry in both NEBC and Alberta. We operate approximately 120 medics, 80 H2S Safety Specialists, 30 Firefighters and 6 Air Quality Monitoring Personnel at any given time.
This position will require the selected person to be able to drive in all weather conditions, navigate radio controlled resource roads. maintain a high level of cleanliness of vehicle and equipment, complete paperwork in a neat and timely manner, adhere to Trojan Safety's policies and procedures. It is important that the selected persons be able to work under pressure and adapt to changing situations quickly. We expect our employees to act in professional manner and represent themselves and the company in a high regard.
About the job
The position of our industrial medics is to provide medical services on industrial jobsites throughout western Canada. They are responsible for completing necessary paperwork including pre/post trip inspections on their unit, necessary first aid forms, medical inventory, lease entry, emergency transportation plans, setting up STARS sites, FLHA's/JSA's, participating in safety/tailgate meetings and completing field tickets and applicable paperwork. They are also required to follow Trojan Safety's Policies & Procedures, maintain compliance on WorkHub and become proficient in certain apps that are used daily such as Motive Driver and Formstack.
OFA3 wage: $20/hr
EMR wage: $23/hr
PCP wage: $30/hr
We guarantee 12 hours minimum for any billable day to a client. Travel and overtime are paid for any hours exceeding 12-hour window.
- Class 5 Drivers License (Class 7 may be considered)
- H2S Alive
- Provide medical care in accordance with Trojan safety medical protocols and within the scope of practice
- Represent Trojan safety in a positive and professional manner
- Be able to effectively handle and respond to stressful/emergency situation
- Coordinate STARS site if needed
- Maintain cleanliness of First Aid Trailer and MTC
- Drive to location in an MTC in a safe manner allowing for all road conditions
- Adhere to Trojan Safety Services Ltd Safe Work Practices and Hazard ID Procedures
- Sign in/out personnel on location
- Fill out daily paperwork (Safety meeting with head count, daily operation reports, hazard identification, service tickets, accident/incident if applicable)
- Complete daily checklists for - AED, Medication Kit, MTC, Trauma Bag, Airway Kit, Oxygen bottles
- Ensure phone and radio checks and daily contacts within the team are working
- Attend daily site safety/toolbox and operations meetings
- Assist in identifying any health hazards, near misses, and any work site hazards
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Previous employment in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Ability to travel areas of British Columbia and Alberta for extended periods of time due to the remote worksite location
Perks & Benefits
- New trucks
- Gym passes
- Your own jump kits
- Workwear discounts
- Staff housing (no charge)
- PPE provided
- Safety awards/discounts
These opportunities from Trojan Safety Services Ltd. are available in Fort St. John, Grande Prairie.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Trojan Safety Services Ltd. offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Trojan Safety Services Ltd. has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Valid Drivers License
- Drug Test
- Previous industry experience preferred
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Trojan Safety Services Ltd.:
Trojan Safety has been providing health, safety and environmental services for the Oil and Gas, Mining, Pulp & Paper, Forestry and Construction industries in Western Canada since 1994.
Trojan Safety offers industrial fire fighting, first aid & paramedic services, H2S safety services, portable & stand-alone gas monitoring, mobile air quality monitoring, and decontamination shower units.
Our head office in Fort St. John also houses a training centre for teaching Energy Safety Canada and other industry-required courses.
Read more on Trojan Safety Services Ltd. Jobs