Yard Tech 1 - Midland, TX: Hiring ASAP! Comp Wages, Benefits & Retirement.
What Patterson-UTI is Hiring for:
Yard Technician 1 in Midland, TX.
- Ability to safely navigate drilling rig work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc. during normal rig operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather)
- Ability to travel to visit drilling rig work sites and support business units; occasionally requiring extended travel to remote locations and/or overnight stay(s) outside normal office area
- Lift and carry 50 pounds independently while walking on uneven surfaces
- Bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl occasionally during visits to field and operational work areas
- Limited to moderate use of a variety of hand and power tools to demonstrate a range of mechanically oriented functions including independent use of heavy-duty handheld and long-handled tools
- Clear vision to judge near and far distances to maintain awareness of, watch, and report ongoing work activities to coworkers and third parties
- Listen for unusual noises that signify equipment and machinery problems
- Accurate recall of information over short and long-term memory
- Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects
- Stay alert and focused including during occasional extended work periods
- Demonstrate clear communication skills and ability to promptly give, and follow, directions when working with others
- Physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all designated times
- One (1) year stable related work history working in a manufacturing facility, shop or warehouse environment
- Must have and maintain a valid state-issued driver’s license and be eligible to drive Company vehicle including ability to meet requirements of Company’s Vehicle Use Agreement and Driving Policy
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years’ work experience in a relevant oilfield environment (farming, mining, construction, military, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in warehousing and inventory management
- Knowledge and experience with drilling tubulars
- General maintenance experience on heavy machinery and equipment
This opportunity from Patterson-UTI is available in Midland.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Patterson-UTI offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Patterson-UTI has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Pre-Employment Check
- 2 Years Experience
- Mechanically Inclined
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
Patterson-UTI provides expertise and scale in major operational areas as well as a diverse network of drilling and pressure pumping services, directional drilling, rental equipment and technology. They are dedicated to delivering results so that their customers can embrace new possibilities and growth.
Read more on Patterson-UTI Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Patterson-UTI? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!