Heavy Equipment Tech Job Opening in Midland, TX - $26.46 per hour DOE
What EnergiPersonnel is Hiring for:
Heavy Equipment Tech – Garage
Location: Midland, TX
Pay: $26.46 per hour DOE
Scope of Work
- Diagnoses, repairs and maintains city-wide heavy equipment
Essential Job Duties
- Diagnoses equipment and vehicle malfunctions such as ignition, steering, engine control, electrical, heating, and air conditioning.
- Estimates costs and repairs to specifications.
- Repair and or replace hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic lines, and pumps on tractors and sanitation equipment.
- Performs state safety inspections on all city-wide vehicles.
- Make ready all new vehicles and equipment. Install special equipment.
- Employees must provide own hand tools with a roll-around toolbox.
- City supplies major equipment including power tools, computerized analyzers, and other diagnostic equipment.
- Reads electrical diagrams, manuals, and other specifications in order to make repairs to include the usage of several different types of software equipment to perform diagnostic repairs. (Laptops and handheld analyzers)
- Performs emergency repairs for various departments during and after regular working hours.
- Cleans and maintains shop facilities, equipment, tools, and grounds.
- Maintains records of work performed such as work orders, logs, historical information, and special written requests.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to read, measure, and calculate the types and sizes of materials needed and the ability to determine a reasonable amount of time that will be used in the actual fabrication process.
- Strong mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, and vendors in order to diagnose repairs and order materials for repair.
- Knowledge of proper tools used in welding and fabricating parts and equipment.
- Ability to safely use tools, vehicles, and equipment such as emissions and battery testers, electronic diagnostic equipment like a diesel laptop and brake lathes, bench grinders, lifts, overhead cranes, jacks, air conditioning and recovery systems, trucks, tractors, forklifts, and hand tools, air tools and welding and cutting torches.
- High school diploma or GED and/or a Technical degree in automotive and diesel tech preferred.
- Prefer one to three years of training as a mechanic or in related field.
Valid Texas Class A CDL Driver's License within one year of employment.
This opportunity from EnergiPersonnel is available in Midland.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with EnergiPersonnel offers:
Long Term Work
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
EnergiPersonnel has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Valid Drivers License
- Drug Test
- Pre-Employment Check
- Mechanically Inclined
- Clean Driving Record
- Safety Tickets
- Shift Work
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Certification
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
EnergiPersonnel was founded by Judy and Fred Hansler in Midland, Texas in 1993. Since that time, we have grown and expanded, earning a reputation as a true leader in staffing, specifically in the oil and gas industry. We are the most responsive team in the business, making ourselves available 24/7/365 to our clients and our candidates. We are a company with national reach, but we have never lost sight of the values that made us who we are. We are a people-centric, service-first team that believes in making the right match the first time, every time.
Read more on EnergiPersonnel Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from EnergiPersonnel? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!