Heavy Equipment Operator(Fort Hills) Fly-in + Camp, $49.85/hr (61 hours OT per rotation)
What North American Construction Group is Hiring for:
NACG is seeking Dozer Operators to join our remote mining site team in the Fort McMurray area. This is your opportunity to join one of the safest and largest contracts in the region.
For this role, NACG offers a combined rate of up to $49.85/hour as well as room for growth!
Where You’ll Be Working
- Site: Fort Hills
- Schedule: 14 x 7, hour days (paid for 11.5 hours). 14 days on, 7 off. 14 nights on, 7 off.
- Accommodations: Camp accommodation is provided.
- Transportation: Flights are provided to and from Edmonton or Calgary. Bussing provided from Fort McMurray to site (before and after rotation).
- Overtime: Provided after 8 hours in a day or 44 hours in a week.
We are proud to work with the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 955. Successful candidates will become a part of that union.
What’s In It for You?
Benefits are important and we offer lots!
- Up to a combined rate of pay of $49.85/ hour
- Vacation and Statutory Holiday pay allocated to each paycheck
- Earn up to 61 hours of overtime per 14-day rotation
- Night shift premium +$1.20 / hour
- Paid weekly
- Membership with one of the largest IUOE locals in North America
- Benefits and pension after 400 hours worked, including medical and dental benefits
- Transportation to and from site, save on gas expenses!
- PPE provided, just bring your own CSA certified steel toed boots
- Room for growth and future advancements
What You’ll Be Doing
- Operate various sizes and models of Dozers required to complete assigned work
- Read stakes and be able to place a grade as needed
- Ensure compliance to all company, client and legislated safety policies, operating standards and procedures
- Using adequate and suitable safety equipment, including PPE
- Reviewing safe work plans/ hazard assessment with prior to job commencement and follow all requirements
- Complete equipment/ area walk-arounds, safety checks and field level risk assessments and ensure all equipment is running properly
- Report any necessary or anticipated repairs to the maintenance team or supervisors immediately
- Report all incidents, near misses or damage immediately
What Makes You the ONE
- Minimum of 3 years experience working as a Finish Dozer Operator on a civil type project.
- Previous experience operating D6 to D8 sized Dozer or larger
- Previous experience operating with muskeg / soft ground required
- Minimum one year experience in a mining atmosphere preferred
- Must be able to follow instructions to ensure safe equipment operation
- A safety-first attitude
- Attentive and possess strong listening skills
- High school diploma, GED, and/or post-secondary education is considered an asset
- Must be proficient in English, both verbal and written
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
If you are chosen to move forward in our hiring process for a site-based role, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and ability to provide a recent acceptable Driver’s Abstract
- Valid CSO or BSO Certification
- Silica Awareness
- Wood Buffalo Wildlife Awareness
- Be subject to Random Testing at: Suncor, Suncor Fort Hills and Kearl sites
- Undergo and successfully pass the following pre-employment testing:
- Breath Alcohol TestUrine Drug TestFitness-to-Work Health AssessmentAudiometric TestingVision ScreeningCriminal Record Check
Once dispatched the following processes will occur:
- Will receive a call from NACG to set up all required pre-employment testing
- An email will be sent with all required New Hire Paperwork to be filled out
- After all results and paperwork are received by NACG, candidates will be contacted by Site Admin to schedule orientation and confirm your start date and other site-specific details.
Please note: The onboarding process can take anywhere from 3-8 business days.
These opportunities from North American Construction Group are available in Calgary, Edmonton, Fort McMurray.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with North American Construction Group offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
North American Construction Group has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Valid Certifications
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About North American Construction Group:
Provides a range of heavy construction & mining services to customers in the resource development and industrial construction sectors. Primary are of business and operates one of the largest equipment fleets in the Canadian oil sands.
Read more on North American Construction Group Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from North American Construction Group? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!