Fitter Welder 2 in Burnaby, BC: Earn $44.48 Hourly with Opportunities for Advancement!
What FortisBC is Hiring for:
Location: Burnaby, BC
Job Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary: $44.48 Hourly
Workplace Flexibility: No
Operating in the shop, you'll fabricate pressure piping and vessel systems, interpreting engineering drawings, laying out jobs, and ensuring weld and joint integrity. Field responsibilities include welding on transmission and distribution systems, including hot taps, fire welds, and leak repair welds.
Certificates & Licenses
- Journeyperson Welder Certificate of Qualification (Minimum Level ‘B’)
- Valid Class 5 BC Driving License
- CWB Structural Welding Tickets for SMAW & GMAW considered an asset
- 5 years’ experience welding pressure piping systems or pipeline welding
- Experience in pipefitting and general fabrication
- Field pipeline welding experience, including hot tap welds and leak repairs
Knowledge & Skills
- Safe work habits and adherence to safety regulations
- Proficiency in CSA Standard Z662 and Company welding procedures
- Position is physically demanding, requiring considerable bending and lifting.
- Exposed to inclement weather.
- Drug check
- Background screening
This opportunity from FortisBC is available in Burnaby.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with FortisBC offers:
Long Term Work
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
FortisBC has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Drug Test
- Pre-Employment Check
- All Types Of Weather
- Safety Tickets
- Shift Work
- Physically Fit
- Relevant Industry Experience
- Journeyman Certification
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
FortisBC is a Canadian-owned company based in British Columbia and they have more than 2,400 employees across the province. They deliver natural gas, electricity and innovative energy solutions to about 1.2 million consumers throughought the province.
The company operates about 49,000 km of natural gas pipelines and about 7,260 km of electric transmission and distribution power lines.
Read more on FortisBC Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from FortisBC? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!