Excellent Opportunity to Join Kiewit as a Summer 2024 Safety Internship Program in Western Canada!
What Kiewit is Hiring for:
Location: Burnaby, BC,
Job Type: Internship
Hours: Full-Time Temporary
- Learning experience, skill development, career opportunities, travel exposure
- Assist in monitoring the various construction project activities, ensuring compliance with pertinent government regulations, state or provincial, client, and company policies and procedures.
- Assist in establishing and monitoring safe working conditions for our most valuable assets – our people.
- Provide corrective action recommendations and assist in implementing metrics for tracking and reporting on performance issues when needed.
- Review project work plans for accuracy in conformance with all standards and assist in safety program audits, coaching, and regular onsite training.
- Must be pursuing a degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Safety, or a related field of study
- Knowledge of construction safety, current Federal and OSHA requirements preferred• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Strong work ethic - Willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to work with all levels in the organization from craft to leadership
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Certification as a Safety Professional or Emergency Medical Technician is preferred
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Work productively and meet deadlines timely
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
- Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
- Work overtime and weekends as required.
- Have the ability to carry out duties in varying work environments including wide-ranging weather conditions and terrain with the ability to travel and/or relocate as required for projects.
This opportunity from Kiewit is available in Burnaby.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Kiewit offers:
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Kiewit has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Pre-Employment Check
- All Types Of Weather
- Travel Required
- Shift Work
- Bachelors Degree
- Physically Fit
- Valid Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
Kiewit is one of North America’s largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned organization operates through a network of subsidiaries in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation; oil, gas and chemical; power; building; water/wastewater; industrial; and mining. Kiewit had 2019 revenues of $10.3 billion and employs 23,000 staff and craft employees.
Read more on Kiewit Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Kiewit? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!