Entry Level Roughnecks Needed: $36/hr (Per Diem, OT, Benefits)
What Precision Well Servicing is Hiring for:
A user in our US FB group recently posted this opportunity along with an offer to help:
Drilling Rig Roughneck
Entry Level (no oilfield experience necessary)
Some form of labor experience is a must.
Combined Earnings = $36 / Hour
$78,000 / Year
NO VACCINE MANDATE, but you must show proof of a negative test prior to returning for your rotation if you have not been vaccinated.
The work currently being offered is rotational, 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off, which allows you to live where you want despite where the work is.
The starting base rate is $24.50 / hour
Per Diem + Oil Base Pay + Overtime = Approx. $36 / hour
A full benefit package is offered after successful completion of a 90 day probationary period. Expect to gross $3,000 for every week worked and a little over $6000 / month. Plenty of opportunity for advancement and continued training. Asking for a 6 month minimum commitment.
This is an extremely mentally and physically demanding job, but can be a great opportunity for hard working individuals who are:
- Looking to pay for their church and service missions in a couple of months and to save up afterwards
- Looking to get ahead, but can’t find solid work locally
- Students who need a break from school and to pay off debt quick
- Mechanically minded individuals looking for a new career
- Family providers who are struggling to find good paying jobs with great benefits
• Assisting the Derrickhand, Motorhand and Driller on the drill floor while making trips
• Operating manual tongs and slips to connect and disconnect drilling pipe and drilling bits or tools
• Performing repairs and preventative maintenance of the drilling equipment and other components of the rig while adhering to Precision maintenance standards
• Ensuring the drill floor is kept clean and other housekeeping activities on and around the rig including cleaning, washing, chipping and painting
• Actively participate in safety meetings and adhering to all applicable safety regulations;
• Assisting the Derrickhand in mixing mud and chemicals
• Assisting in moving the rig, rigging up and rigging down/out
• Miscellaneous duties including but not limited to offloading/back loading trucks, nipple up/down, care of the blowout preventer (BOP) system, and monitoring the operation of the shakers, return tanks, mud pits and chemical sack area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Must be LEGAL to work in the USA
• High School diploma, GED, or equivalent
• A valid driver's license as well as transportation to and from rig site
• Must be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic
• Ability to communicate effectively with others
• Ability to follow instructions and take direction
• Willingness to read and understand Precision’s Key Beliefs, Target Zero Rules & Stop Work Authority
RECRUITER and CONTACT INFO
I work for Precision Drilling (PD), an oil well drilling contractor, and they are looking for employee referrals to fill new hire, entry level positions. I am not an HR representative, but I am offering to help refer you and navigate the hiring process if you can meet some basic expectations and show that you are a reliable worker. If PD does not work out, any of the information that I provide you can be used to apply with other drilling contractors as well. It is a similar process and expectation for other drilling companies throughout the industry. You are welcome to apply online without my referral anytime as well.
For further information and to start the process, find the referral email and application info under 'ready to apply' below.
This opportunity from Precision Well Servicing is available in United States.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Precision Well Servicing offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Precision Well Servicing has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Valid Drivers License
- 18 Years Of Age Or Older
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Precision Well Servicing:
Precision Well Servicing offers a versatile fleet of well-maintained service rigs for well completion, workover, abandonment, and re-entry preparation services. The fleet is strategically positioned throughout western Canada and in the northern U.S.
Read more on Precision Well Servicing Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Precision Well Servicing? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!