CERTIFIED Red Seal Millwright for GRAVEYARD SHIFT ($40.00-$44.00/HR + $1.50 Premiums)
What WORKFORCE is Hiring for:
Location: Surrey, B.C
Job Type: Direct
Pay: $40-$44/HR + $1.50/hr Premiums
Sector: Food & Beverage
- Participate in the layout and placement of machines within our facility.
- Install, align, dismantle, and relocate stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans, utilizing hand and power tools.
- Review and interpret engineering specifications, schematics, and blueprints to ensure proper machine placement and readiness for installation.
- Assemble and install machines using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Conduct tests to verify the proper functioning of newly installed machines, including leveling, calibrating, and lubricating as necessary.
- Disassemble and remove older machines or relocate and reassemble them within the plant to accommodate new equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical/electronic equipment, including identifying issues, running tests, ordering and installing parts, and making temporary repairs when required.
- Establish and oversee a regular preventative maintenance schedule.
- Inspect machines to identify and address potential issues, replace worn parts, adjust and re-calibrations, lubricate components, and maintain up-to-date maintenance logs.
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts needed for machinery overhaul, maintenance, or setup.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with production/line machines and high-speed packaging is essential.
- Line maintenance experience within a food and beverage production environment.
Certificates & Licenses
- Red Seal Certification for Millwright or Industrial Mechanic.
- 4th Class Power Engineer certification or willingness to obtain one is considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills & Aptitudes
- Detail-oriented with the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Drug check
- Background screening
This opportunity from WORKFORCE is available in Surrey.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with WORKFORCE offers:
Long Term Work
Full Time Position(s)
Monday - Friday
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
WORKFORCE has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Drug Test
- Pre-Employment Check
- Steel Toed Boots
- Mechanically Inclined
- Safety Tickets
- Shift Work
- 5 Years Experience
- Journeyman Certification
- Red Seal
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
WORKFORCE provides permanent & temporary staffing solutions for industries needing skilled trades men & women.
Read more on WORKFORCE Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from WORKFORCE? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!