Apply Now! Secure a Social Planner Role in Edmonton with an Hourly Wage of $43.33 - $54.74
What City Of Edmonton is Hiring for:
Safe & Healthy Communities Social Planner
Location: Edmonton, AB
Salary: $43.325 - $54.743 per hour
Opening: 1 position
- 40 hours per week
- Monday - Friday.
- Lead the development of frameworks and action plans related to community and safety well-being, with a focus on violence reduction and crime prevention.
- Provide oversight to initiatives and collaborative reports in response to Council motions.
- Establish positive collaborative relationships with internal and external partners.
- Conduct stakeholder engagement, research, and analysis to inform reports and recommendations.
- Work as part of a team of social planners overseeing initiatives and portfolios.
Certificates & Licenses
- Master's degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Planning/Policy Studies, Sociology, Human Ecology, Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of professional social planning experience, including project management and collaboration.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in research and analysis of community and social issues.
- Ability to work independently and make evidence-informed decisions.
- Familiarity with public engagement processes and tools, including social media.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional social planning experience, including project management and collaboration.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent leadership skills in project management, negotiation, planning, and delivery processes.
- Superior skills in group facilitation, public engagement processes, and public communication.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues related to social justice, anti-racism, and geopolitical impacts.
- Familiarity with various platforms and techniques/tools for public engagement and communication.
- Understanding of equity-deserving communities and commitment to diversity and inclusion principles.
- Knowledge of social policies related to violence reduction and crime prevention is an asset.
- Project Management training and/or certification is considered an asset.
- Strong skills with Google Suite applications.
This opportunity from City Of Edmonton is available in Edmonton.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with City Of Edmonton offers:
Long Term Work
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
City Of Edmonton has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Valid Drivers License
- Drug Test
- Pre-Employment Check
- 5 Years Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Advanced Computer Skills
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About City Of Edmonton:
At the heart of the City of Edmonton is a community of city builders, problem solvers, listeners and doers. The city services nearly one million people and looking to attract and inspire one million more.
Read more on City Of Edmonton Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from City Of Edmonton? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!