Alberta

Plenty Of Oil But Not Enough Workers in Alberta: How Labor Shortages Are Affecting the Gas and Oil Industry’s Growth

  • 7 months ago
  • Article
  • Last Updated: 5 months ago

Oil and gas companies in Alberta are struggling to hire enough labor to meet demand and this can negatively impact the energy sector’s growth. Although the oil and gas industry in Alberta is on a rebound, the province is facing a new problem: there are not enough workers. With the price of oil climbing over the past several months, it is assumed that this would boost energy production in Alberta. However, the industry is facing a serious shortage of workers. In 2014, the recession tanked the...

Read More

  • Share:

Top 5 Companies to Find Pipeline Jobs in Alberta

  • 1 year ago
  • Article
  • Last Updated: 5 months ago

Pipelines involve a system of connected pipes used to transport oil and natural gas across long distances. In Canada, more than 840,000 km of pipelines exist across the country and this part of the oil and gas industry employs approximately 200,000 Canadians. With so many top-performing pipeline companies stationed in Alberta, it’s no secret that the province’s job market is booming! There’s a lot involved when it comes to building and maintaining pipelines so companies are always on the looko...

Read More

  • Share:

How to Find Renewable Energy Jobs in Alberta

  • 1 year ago
  • Article
  • Last Updated: 5 months ago

With an increase in demand for alternate energy sources, now may be the time to start your career in renewable energy in Alberta. Although 91% of Alberta’s electricity is generated from fossil fuels, the remaining 9% comes from renewables such as biomass, wind, hydro and solar. While the renewable energy industry does require certification and licensing for specialized positions, many jobs are available for general trade workers ranging from Labourers, Helpers and Safety jobs to other position...

Read More

  • Share:

Alberta Oilfield Jobs: What Are They and Where Can You Find Them?

  • 1 year ago
  • Article
  • Last Updated: 5 months ago

It’s no secret that the oilfields of Alberta comprise the backbone of the province’s economy. The oil and gas industry is vital to maintaining and creating jobs in Alberta. In fact, oil and gas development supports 30% of all economic activity in the province! It has also created over 410,000 jobs for Albertans with around 20,000 companies relying on oil and gas activity. Even with recent economical setbacks, improving energy prices and an increase in fuel demand means that core industry emplo...

Read More

  • Share:

Free Resource for Alberta Oilfield & Skilled Trades Workers: Career Leap

  • 2 years ago
  • Article
  • Last Updated: 5 months ago

Are you unemployed and are looking for a new career where you can use your existing skills and qualifications without going through long term training? Career Leap is a program that can provide you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in your next career! What is Career Leap? In partnership with the Ministry of Labor & Immigration, the Career Leap program supports those individuals who are having difficulty entering the workforce, as well as highly skilled professionals, and those...

Read More

  • Share: