Welder – Heavy Equipment Shop - Comp Wages, Benefits & Paid Travel
What Sureway Construction Group Ltd is Hiring for:
Welder – Heavy Equipment Shop
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Schedule: 10+ Hours per day (day shift), 5 & 2, OT after 8hr/day or 44hr/week
Location: Edmonton, AB
- Travel Pay
- Boot Allowance
- Benefits, RRSP/TFSA Matching
- Air Exchange Units
- 38 Bay State of the Art Shop with dedicated Engine, Transmission and Machining Bays
- Quality Tooling
- Sureway is a Repair Facility, not a component exchange shop; providing our technicians with a sense of ownership
Tools & Equipment:
- Small assortment of tools
- CSA approved steel toed boots with 6” ankle support
- Personal Reliable Vehicle
- Drug and alcohol testing which may be swab or urine depending on site requirements
- Successful completion of Company Orientation and site-specific orientation
- Fitness to Work Assessment
Certificates & Licences
- Must be a Red Seal Journeyperson Welder.
- Off Road experience is REQUIRED.
- Must have experience in 1/16 metal core and 3/32 flux core is essential to this position.
- Experience on variety of heavy-duty equipment including agriculture equipment.
- Fabrication experience is an asset.
- Experience with gouging and metal prep.
- Capable of working independently, as well as, in a team environment. Adept to efficiently and effectively working unsupervised.
- Capable of working in a physically demanding multi-tasking work environment.
- Exceptional organization and cleanliness skills are REQUIRED.
- Repairing and fabrication of various makes of heavy civil construction mobile equipment.
- Able to work safely in a challenging work environment.
- Read and interpret blue prints or welding process specifications.
- Follow directions given in layouts, drawings and work orders.
- Welding of various heavy equipment attachments and components utilizing MCAW and FCAW.
- Use of overhead cranes.
- Ensures workmanship throughout the manufacturing process and on finished goods that meets or exceeds the cost, quality and schedule expectations.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, subcontractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture
- This is a general responsibilities list and does not include all responsibilities required of the position
This opportunity from Sureway Construction Group Ltd is available in Edmonton.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Sureway Construction Group Ltd offers:
5 & 2
Long Term Work
Full Time Position(s)
10 Hour Shifts
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Sureway Construction Group Ltd has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Background Check
- Drug Test
- Alcohol Test
- Pre-Employment Check
- Reliable Transportation
- Steel Toed Boots
- Your Own Tools
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Sureway Construction Group Ltd:
Sureway Construction Group Ltd is a construction company based in Alberta. They leverage their knowledge, experience and ambition to form strong partnerships and diverse project portfolio.
Read more on Sureway Construction Group Ltd Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Sureway Construction Group Ltd? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!