Welder - B Pressure. Camp Accommodations. Travel Allowance (Fort McMurray)
What Ledcor is Hiring for:
Location: Fort McMurray
Position: Full time
- Perform all tasks with Safety as top priority. Participate in Project Safety Program, Attend Toolbox and Safety Meetings, plan safe work with team members daily on Field Level Hazard Assessment forms, intervene and communicate any unsafe acts or conditions
- Read and interpret drawings and follow welding procedures
- Working with Pipefitters and Welders on the installation and completion of pressure piping systems and their supports. Includes ASME Sec 1, B31.1 Boiler External, B31.1 Power Piping, B31.3 Process and Utility Piping Code Welding Requirements
- Performs pipe welding on Carbon steel, chrome – alloy, and stainless-steel piping in sizes ranging from ¾” to 36” NPS in accordance with applicable weld procedures in a safe and efficient manner. Welders will be informed of required welding tickets prior to hiring. Welders may be sent for additional certification
- All welds will be visually inspected to be acceptable to code requirements by CWB certified Welding Inspectors. A percentage of welds will also be subjected to non-destructive testing such as radiography, ultrasonic testing, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant and hardness testing
- Teamwork is an essential part of our success and it is expected that piping crew members all work together. Tasks may include assisting pipefitters with set-up, rigging, measuring, clean-up etc, when welding is not available
Certificates & Licences
- Must be an Interprovincial Red Seal or have an Alberta Journeyman Welding ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- Must possess a valid “B” pressure Alberta ticket
- All position welding tickets
- Successful candidates will require OSSA Regional with CSTS, BSO or CSO, along with EWP
- Minimum 5+ years of experience on industrial construction is required
- Confined Space and Fall Projection is an asset
- Good attention to detail with the ability to problem solve
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- Long term projects, site based camp provided
- Charter Flights from either Edmonton or Calgary, or travel allowance for out-of-province candidates who qualify
- Benefits provided by CLAC
This opportunity from Ledcor is available in Fort McMurray.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Ledcor offers:
Long Term Work
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Ledcor has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Drug Test
- Pre-Employment Check
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space
- 5 Years Experience
- Valid Certifications
- CSTS/OSSA or BSO or CSO (Common Safety Orientation)
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
Ledcor is a company that deals with concrete and steel but they focus extensively on partnerships with their employees, communities, contractors and clients. They put safety first and strive to find smarter, more sustainable ways to get the job done right.
Read more on Ledcor Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Ledcor? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!