Wanted: Mechanic 1 To Join technical team at Great Plains Oilfield Rental.
What Patterson-UTI is Hiring for:
Mechanic 1 to join Great Plains Oilfield Rental
- Work on an array of mechanical issues as related to GPOR equipment
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts. Make any and all repairs to equipment on an as need basis.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machinery continue to run smoothly.
- Comply with all Company and customer Health, Safety, and Environmental (HS&E) policies, rules, practices and guidelines.
- Conduct proper Job Safety Analysis (JSA) in compliance with Company policies.
- Regularly check equipment for any problems and safety issues on an ongoing basis.
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all designated times which could include but is not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses, FR coveralls, protective toe footwear work gloves, respirator, and hearing protection.
- Inspect safety equipment and PPE for wear and replace as needed.
- Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects.
- Work in a heavy industrial environment which includes working around constantly moving overhead machinery, being in close proximity to loud equipment and handling potentially hazardous chemicals.
- Support other crew members by carrying supplies, ensuring compliance with safety procedures and other additional tasks as assigned.
- Represent the Company and our values with integrity while maintaining the highest ethical and legal standards with all interactions.
- Adhere to the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must stay alert and focused during the shift while performing repetitive and routine activities.
- Ability to safely lift, carry, push and/or pull 50 pounds.
- This position requires bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, and crawling, walking on uneven surfaces, and potentially climbing equipment ladders or stairs throughout the work shift.
- Demonstrate clear communication skills including ability to read, write and speak English, and to promptly follow verbal and written directions in English along with the ability to establish and maintain effective rapport with all employees at different levels both in the office and in the field.
- Ability to process paperwork.
- Work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others, including coworkers and third parties, while wearing any required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all designated times.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with others and work independently when required.
- Willing and able to operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner while working in all weather conditions during a possible 12+ hour work shift that can include days or nights, as well as weekends and holidays.
- Willing to work mandatory and unscheduled hours outside of your assigned schedule with little or no advanced notice.
- Ability to travel as needed to other offices and work sites, occasionally requiring extended travel to remote locations and/or overnight stay(s) outside normal office area.
- Must be willing and able to attend and successfully complete classroom training and testing.
- Able to successfully meet pre-employment testing requirements which may include, without limitation, pre-employment drug and alcohol test(s) and background checks as well as drug and/or alcohol testing periodically during employment (subject to state and federal laws).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and protect Company proprietary information in an appropriate manner.
- 1 year of experience with diesel and gas engines and/or pump maintenance.
- Must have and maintain valid state-issued driver’s license, be eligible to drive a Company vehicle and meet the requirements of the Company’s vehicle program, policy and/or guidelines.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a current DOT medical card registered with the state licensing agency for non-excepted interstate.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prior military service.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry or military service.
This opportunity from Patterson-UTI is available in Ohio.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Patterson-UTI offers:
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Patterson-UTI has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Valid Drivers License
- 1 Year Experience
- 21 Years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
Patterson-UTI provides expertise and scale in major operational areas as well as a diverse network of drilling and pressure pumping services, directional drilling, rental equipment and technology. They are dedicated to delivering results so that their customers can embrace new possibilities and growth.
Read more on Patterson-UTI Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Patterson-UTI? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!