Underground Residential Development (URD) Civil Foreman
What Primary Engineering and Construction is Hiring for:
Reporting to the Manager, Construction, the Underground Residential Development (URD) Civil Foreman, a leader in the field who is responsible for keeping jobsites safe and making sure our work is top quality. You will manage your team to ensure quality, safety, and timeliness.
- Reinforce company policies, ensure safe and productive completion of the work.
- Plan 4 Party URD Residential site projects and resource requirements, including coordination of sub-contractors as required.
- Coordinate on-site material requirements and effectively manage site materials.
- Demonstrate technical ability and application of appropriate processes and procedures.
- Conduct safety meetings and assist with incident reporting and investigations as required.
- Provide leadership and coaching to field direct reports.
- Maintain detailed project field documentation, reports and job closing documents.
- Provide input into performance reviews of direct reports.
- Complete full cycle field documentation of project and submit as-builts for job closing/billing.
- Read and interpret electrical drawings and prints.
- Understanding of applicable codes and regulations.
- Planning skills of project completion, resource requirements and project documentation.
- Strong knowledge of civil construction, blueprint reading and understanding of specification requirements.
- Ability to lead and work within a team environment.
- Promotion of safe work practices.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Minimum 4 years Foreman experience in underground construction, including 4 party installations, or similar work.
- Knowledge in reading and interpreting electrical drawings.
- Highly organized and proven ability to lead team.
- Valid Driver’s License and Driver’s abstract in good standing.
This is a safety sensitive position and is subject to Primary’s Alcohol and Drug Policy which includes pre-employment testing.
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, and several career and professional development opportunities.
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please send your resume in confidence to [email protected]
**Please Note, you must be a Canadian Citizen or have a valid work permit**
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please see www.primaryeng.com for this and other positions we are recruiting.
This opportunity from Primary Engineering and Construction is available in Calgary.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Primary Engineering and Construction offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
About Primary Engineering and Construction:
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing Primary professional engineering and construction services.
We provide our people with the opportunity to determine their own career path and fulfill their ambitions. We empower our clients by tailoring our solutions to their specific needs. We strengthen our community by connecting them to what is possible today and providing a solid foundation for tomorrow.
Primary is powered by our people.
Our diverse teams and inclusive culture are the core that powers Primary. Our diversity allows us to better serve our customers and Engineering communities by listening to and enabling unique perspectives.
Primary remains committed to fostering an open and safe environment in which the voices of all team members, clients and community members are heard. As we grow our company, we will continue to remove barriers and create new opportunities within our industry.
Read more on Primary Engineering and Construction Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Primary Engineering and Construction? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!