What Gridiron Drilling Services is Hiring for:
- Take direction from the supervisor, and/or driller, and/or blaster to execute labor intensive duties and operate equipment required for production.
- Perform housekeeping activities such as cleaning ice from walkways, cleaning equipment and tools, and general cleaning of the worksite (i.e. putting things in their designated place for safe keeping) in accordance with the company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Regularly execute basic maintenance on drilling rig engines, transport truck, trailer, transmissions, heating systems, diesel electric generators and motors, hydraulic systems and other mechanical equipment as per pre-use and post-use inspection guidelines
- Maintain equipment logs and preventative maintenance records as required
- Monitor inventories of fuels, oil filters, lube oils, greases and other service items
- Participate in drilling rig mobilization and de-mobilization.
- Transport parts, materials, and supplies to and from site using a Light Duty Vehicle or Heavy Truck as required.
- Ensure a positive interaction with all client personnel at all times.
- Execute safe operating procedures at all times while working by referencing the company’s safety tools for guidance and instruction.
- Contribute to safety inspections and investigations as required.
- Follow all company rules and regulations in addition to site specific instruction.
Education & Experience
- Valid Provincial Driver’s License (Class 1 Required)
- Three years’ minimum experience driving truck and trailer in Alberta’s oilfield environment (including rural and lease roads)
- The following certifications are considered an asset:
- First Aid Certification – AED & CPR LEVEL C
- H2S Alive Certification
- CSTS or PST Certification
- BSO Certification (Oil Sands Specific Orientation)
- Three years or more field experience on a drilling crew considered an asset.
- A Swamper primarily works outdoors in all types of extreme weather conditions, sometimes in remote or hazardous locations.
- Working conditions often are noisy and dirty.
- Occupational risks include explosions, flying particles, falling objects, noise and hazardous chemicals.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Lifting up to 20 kilograms is required.
- A safety-conscious attitude.
- Strength and physical fitness.
- Good hearing, eyesight and vision.
- Good hand-eye co-ordination and manual dexterity.
- Good communication skills, including writing skills required for accurate record keeping.
- An interest in working outdoors (sometimes in isolated locations) and use various forms of transportation.
Job Type: Full-time
Expected start date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
These opportunities from Gridiron Drilling Services are available in Nisku, Alberta, Canada.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Gridiron Drilling Services offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Gridiron Drilling Services has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Drug Test
- Alcohol Test
- Pre-Employment Check
- Clean Driving Record
- Class 1
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Gridiron Drilling Services:
Established in 2003, Gridiron Drilling Services began servicing the Conductor Sector of the Oil and Gas Industry with just a single drill rig. Today, Gridiron boasts a drilling fleet that is unequaled in the industry.
With a growing fleet of 11 Auger Drills, 2 Rotary Blast hole Drills, and 1 Down-the-hole Hammer Drill, Gridiron Drilling Services is positioned to provide an extensive range of Rathole, Pre-Drill, Abandonment, and Blast hole Drilling Solutions. Gridiron Drilling Services strives for the highest safety standards and delivers quality, dependable services across Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
Read more on Gridiron Drilling Services Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Gridiron Drilling Services? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!