Site Mechanical Inspector
What Cenergy International is Hiring for:
Job Number: TBD
JOB TITLE: Site Mechanical Inspector (Pressure Equipment / Piping / Multi Discipline Inspector “MDI”)
- Comply with Company HSSE standards and life saving rules.
- Witness and monitor suppliers / contractors work activities, inspection and test in accordance with the approved Quality Plan, ITP, Quality Procedures etc.
- Promote quality awareness throughout the organization, emphasizing excellence, continuous improvement and corrective action to influence the overall success of company business.
- Assist in the review of Supplier’s/Contractor’s Quality Plans, Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs) and Quality Procedures and all pertained QA/QC documentation prior to commencement of any fabrication / construction work.
- Verify the implementation of PTW (permit to work) LOTO (lock-out and tag-out) and other safety procedures.
- Conduct quality surveillance at suppliers / contactors to promote Company’s quality culture.
- Input result of inspection / observations into the web-based inspection recording system in timely manner.
- Ensure suppliers /contractors have relevant, up to date codes, standards, specifications and drawings
- Interface with the discipline engineer, construction engineer, and inspectors in a professional manner.
- Support Company personnel by performing additional tasks as directed and commensurate with his/her skills.
- Confirm that work has been executed by Supplier / Contractor by attending inspection / test or reviewing documents.
2. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (DUTIES)
- Reinforce COMPANY HSSE requirements to the colleagues / Suppliers / Contractors.
- Oversee inspection of mechanical equipment, piping, structure and welding activities conducted at shops and construction sites.
- Review original material certificate for compliances to codes and specifications.
- Ensure testing, measuring, welding, NDE equipment is fully calibrated per specification and has current certification.
- Ensure storage and handling of welding consumables is per manufacturer’s recommendations / specifications and has a certification.
- Verify that equipment is preserved per the supplier’s recommendation and the approved preservation procedures.
- Verify Human Factor Engineering (HFE) requirement (accessibility of valve, field run piping) against specification.
- Witness / Participate Equipment Receiving Inspection at construction site to identify damage or deficiencies.
- Witness in-process inspections per ITP and Inspection Requests to ensure work proceeds in accordance to specifications, the approved drawings and procedures.
- Assist in insulation inspection if required.
- Verify the correct test pressure is applied during the hydro test against specifications and codes and all safety requirements have been addressed.
- Verify rogue and counterfeit items during inspection or surveillance and immediately report to Inspection Coordinator / Quality Manager if any.
- Actively participate in Safety meetings and walk-down program.
- Progressively review Supplier’s / Contractor’s quality records.
- Review welder qualifications certificate.
- Ensure complete record and traceability of material and weld joint’s history.
- Monitor NDE and PWHT process.
- Assist in Quality audit upon request.
- Actively participate in Flawless Surveillance Program.
- Attend Mechanical Completion / Pre-commissioning final walk-down and sign on behalf of Client.
- Raise punch and verify punch items as soon as work is complete.
- Issue of and follow up on Non-conformance Reports.
- Liaise with Inspection leads and contractors to remediate quality management problems.
- Discuss quality trend with Quality Engineer / Inspection Coordinator and highlight risks and provide actions for improvement.
- Provide resolution of on-going quality issue in consultation with discipline engineer.
3. QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Requires certification(s) in Mechanical/Material Engineering and at least 10 years of relevant site experience applying the discipline skill in oil and gas projects.
- Preferably certified CWI, CGSB, API or NDE.
- Have competency in the use and assessment of Safety Management System and procedures.
- Familiar with DEP specifications.
- Familiar with the Flawless Project Delivery and Flawless Surveillance Program.
- Have knowledge of industrial codes and standards (AWS D1.1, ASME B31.3, ASME B 31.1, ASME Section I, V, VIII, VIIII, ISO 9001, API, CSA and etc)
- Able to read and understand Drawings
- Understand Project Completion System and able to use it
- Able to issue and follow up Non-Conformance Reports
- Able to review and approve Supplier’s/Contractor’s Quality Plans
- Able to review and approve Supplier’s/Contractor’s ITPs and Quality Procedures
- Have knowledge of ISO and (or) API Q1 quality audit program and able to participate / perform / participate Quality Audit.
- Able to provide oversight, mentorship and supervision of the inspectors in the Owner’s side
- Able to understand the commonly used standards, codes, and industry practices within a particular discipline
- Able to understand and interpret the commonly used standards, codes, and industry practices within a particular discipline
- Able to interface with other disciplines at the various stages
- Able to identify materials that are sub-standard and that do not meet the requirements of the job specification (rogue and counterfeit items).
- Familiar with HFE requirement (Maintenance, Valve, Field Run etc.).
- Able to review and interpret quality records and determine associated compliance with requirements (Performance data, test record, inspection record, MTR and other quality data and documents)
- Familiar with regulatory requirement (DOT, USCG, NMA, CSA, and etc) and preferably having knowledge and experience with British Colombia Oil and Gas and Safety Regulations.
- Have knowledge of calibration of equipment and measuring requirements.
- Familiar with Equipment Preservation Requirements and its position in the integrated preservation process. This includes preservation and safe shipment of products/ materials. Familiar with client requirements for heavy lifting, road transportation and dropped objects.
- Have knowledge of the basics for planning and scheduling
- Have knowledge of basic troubleshooting
- Have knowledge and experience with gauge control, calibration and gauging requirements and techniques
- Able to review and understand planning techniques such as material control, shop order routings, process control plans, rework and refurbishing techniques and processes.
- Able to review and interpret technical requirements in contracts/purchase orders.
- Able to understand identification and traceability related to equipment /products /materials /samples and the associated documents/records relating to conformance /non-conformance, results from manufacturing processes and results from monitoring /measurement processes.
- Able to review and interpret WPS, PQR, Welder Qualification including welding / qualification variables (essentials, nonessentials and supplementary) includes brazing.
- Have knowledge of materials testing of welds and joints (Chemical and Mechanical)
- Knowledge of dissimilar welds.
- Have knowledge of NDT techniques (RT, UT, MT, PT, PMI, FT and etc) including evaluation methods.
- Have knowledge of Pre-Heating, PWHT and Hardness measurement.
- Have knowledge of base metal, especially, exotic material.
- Able to review weld map, NDE report, PWHT report etc. and its tracking mechanism.
- Have knowledge of welding consumable and its storage and handling requirements.
- Able to record in-process welding parameters and interpret.
- Able to review welder and NDE operator qualification.
- Able to interpret RT Film.
- Have an understanding of the welding and joining techniques (e.g. TIG, laser, SAW, ERW, sintering, brazing, etc.)
- Knowledge of cladding and associated inspection processes (HIP, welded, mechanical bonded and metallurgically bonded).
- Understand vessel internals and its application.
- Have knowledge of tightness requirement and application of torqueing and tensioning.
- Able to perform field evaluation and assessment of pressure equipment.
- Have knowledge of Installation requirements of various type of valves and in-line instrument
- Have knowledge of field instrumentation installation including temperature, pressure, flow, level, and analytical measurement.
- Have knowledge of process tubing installation, tightness and leak testing.
- Familiar with electrical classification.
- Have knowledge of instrument air piping and end user connection.
- Have knowledge of pressure regulator, control valve and other in-line instrument installation
- Familiar with Loop checking / commissioning practice
- Have knowledge of a various type of alignment techniques and its application.
- Have knowledge of API seal Plan.
- Have knowledge of system cleanliness requirement and cleanliness techniques. (Water flushing, oil flushing, chemical cleaning, steam blowing, pigging and etc).
- Familiar with machining, machinist practices & interpretation of dimensional data. This includes QA confirmation on critical instruments used in the fabrication of RE components (Balance machine, measuring devices, calibration of critical instruments, calibration of critical NDE Instruments, etc.)
- Familiar with equipment assembly and disassembly techniques (rotor assembly, stationary part assembly, clearances and tolerance acceptance requirements, etc.
- Familiar with Equipment Installation Practices. (Specifically, this means knowledge of API Recommended Practice RP686.)
- Understanding of condition monitoring techniques (vibration diagnostics, temperature monitoring, etc) which could be used on the test stand during FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing) and/or SAT (String Acceptance Testing).
- Familiar with Metallurgical and Non-Metallic Material and testing requirements.
- Familiar with various coating systems and their application.
- Familiar with general requirements of fire proofing and insulation.
- Must be organized and able to multi-task.
- Self disciplined and self motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work well with people at all levels of the Project / Site construction organization.
- Experience with or willing to learn fact-based decision making and root cause analysis, evaluation of supplier corrective and preventative actions and determination if these actions were effective.
- Should be able to use computer and programs (email, word processing and spreadsheets as a minimum) for general business applications.
- Written and oral communication skills with both individuals and groups.
- Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Exhibit a courteous and professional attitude towards Company and vendors / contractors showing enthusiasm and dedication.
- Practice a conscientious teamwork effort towards the functions of the company.
- Experience working in difficult locations and with diverse construction personnel (remote, foreign, arctic, etc.).
- Flexible work hours with weekend work required.
- Willing to travel occasionally both in and out of town if required.
- Have a minimum Visual Acuity Corrected to 20/40
Cenergy is a dynamic, diverse, woman-owned company that has provided stellar support to our clients globally for over 25 years! We hire extraordinary people, and each of our team members are encouraged to embody our core values to drive innovation and own it with integrity and trust while adding to our positive and forward thinking atmosphere.
Cenergy employees can enjoy the following robust benefits and resources:
- Ongoing Training (RSO, Systems, Software Programs, OSHA Safety, JJ Keller, etc.)
- Continuous Employment Development and Learning
- Ongoing Advocacy, internal assets with HSE, Legal and HR teams and experts to aid in Employee Career Path and Advancement
- RRSP Retirement Plan
- Manulife Medical Coverage
- Dental Insurance Coverage
- Vision Insurance Coverage
- Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Short Term Disability
- Access to Health Joy
- GAP Medical Coverage
- Direct Deposit
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
This opportunity from Cenergy International is available in Kitimat.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Cenergy International offers:
Paid Time Off
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Cenergy International has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Background Check
- Drug Test
- Alcohol Test
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Cenergy International:
Cenergy is the most dependable source of workforce solutions to leading global industries. We provide specialized personnel, safety solutions, inspection solutions, logistics optimization, and vendor management. We are dedicated to delivering the right people, with the right knowledge and experience anywhere in the world.
Read more on Cenergy International Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Cenergy International? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!