Side Boom/Pipelayer Operator - Pipeline Construction ($52.20/hr $165 LOA)
What Murphy Group Canada Ltd. is Hiring for:
Murphy Group Canada Ltd. located at Suite 2200, 605 5th Avenue SW, Calgary, T2P 3H5, is currently looking for Side Boom/Pipelayer Operators- Pipeline Construction as part of the Surerus Murphy Joint Venture (SMJV). The position will be based at project sites in British Columbia and Northern Alberta. The position will be responsible for operating a Side Boom/Pipelayer on various slopes and mountainous terrain.
- Operate side booms with 90t capacity or more (594,587,PL87 etc.) to lift, move or place large diameter pipe up to 48”;
- Connect and operate Side Boom/Pipe Layer attachments, including stringing stick, jib, and winch, safely;
- Operate equipment safely on all types of terrain with extreme caution and awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety;
- Operate safely with complete awareness of all personnel working around the machine;
- Be aware of situational hazards, including blind spots, pinch points, road crossings, power lines, conflicting right-of-way traffic, and proper use of tag lines;
- Conduct pre and post-trip inspections, maintain equipment checklist, and identify and report any maintenance concerns with the equipment;
- Read, understand, and implement equipment load charts;
- Determine rigging configuration and capacity;
- Troubleshoot and repair basic equipment problems;
- Clean and lubricate equipment;
- Operate two-way radios and other communication equipment;
- Communicate with the equipment spotter to discuss hand signals, blind spots etc.
- Minimum 10 years of experience operating a Side Boom/Pipe Layer on large diameter pipe;
- Experience being tethered to mobile and static winch lines;
- Familiarity with the types of slope/terrain conditions that could adversely affect the operation;
- Strong understanding of safety procedures and policies;
- Knowledge of the capacity of each component and the relationships between the length of the boom, boom angle, length of cable, and load limits;
- Experience in tandem lifts as part of lowering and tie in operations;
- Knowledge of rigging and hoisting techniques;
- Knowledge of equipment operation, cleaning, and maintenance requirements;
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures including but not limited to backing up procedures, use of spotters, signage, incident reporting, required personal protective equipment, and lifting of heavy loads;
- Knowledge of various pipeline construction activities (i.e. bending, stringing, lowering in, tie-ins).
Education and certification:
- Any project specific training requirements will be provided by the company;
- This position does not require any specific educational standards, but the candidate must demonstrate significant experience in steep slope working in a senior capacity
Murphy Group Canada Ltd. as part of the Surerus Murphy Joint Venture offer a supportive work environment where hard work and a positive attitude are rewarded. Our motto “Safe Work. Quality Work” guides everything we do, from initial planning phase to project completion. Zero incidents is the primary goal. In addition, the company is committed to protecting the environment and to building long term mutually beneficial relationships with Indigenous and local communities.
Date: June 2022
Terms of Employment: Temporary
# of Positions: 10
Length of Contract: 3 years
Location: BC, and Northern Alberta
Working hours: 12 hrs. per day (This may vary according to project requirements) – guaranteed number of hours per week is 40
Shift pattern: Mon – Sat (6 days on, 1 day off)
Language requirement: Must be able to understand and speak English to safely perform the job
Accommodation: Camp accommodation will be provided
Living out allowance: $165/day (if camp accommodation is not available)
Vacation pay: 6%
Benefits: Extended health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability
Other Benefits: Air travel reimbursement
This opportunity from Murphy Group Canada Ltd. is available in British Columbia.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Murphy Group Canada Ltd. offers:
Living Out Allowance
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Murphy Group Canada Ltd. has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Safety Tickets
- Valid Certifications
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Murphy Group Canada Ltd.:
As a fully integrated joint venture, SMJV benefits from the alignment of the respective company values and commitment to the delivery of unrivalled performance in quality, health and safety, and environment. This commitment has ensured both companies maintain an impressive track record of delivering complex construction and infrastructure projects across Canada.
Read more on Murphy Group Canada Ltd. Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Murphy Group Canada Ltd.? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!