What Cameco Corporation is Hiring for:
Cameco is looking for a skilled safety professional to join the McArthur River operations. In this role, you work with other employees and contractors to issue work permits, conduct daily checks, collect workplace safety data, and identify safety improvement opportunities. You will be responsible for providing safety training, coaching and support for projects, and ensure all safety equipment is in good working order. Detailed work includes:
- Testing fire protection safety system equipment
- Conducting equipment calibrations
- Completing routine workface inspections, including underground and surface
- Chairing job hazard analyses (JHAs), evaluating the safety risks and controls
- Completing incident reporting, investigations, and supporting the development and implementation of corrective actions resulting from incident reviews
Requirements of the position:
- Diploma in occupational health and safety, or relevant technology
- Three to Five years of relevant work experience
- Experience providing critical safety training programs, conducting Job Hazard Analyses, and incident management
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Willing to work a 14-day rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Willingness to participate on the Emergency Response and/or Mine Rescue team
- Canadian registered safety professional (CRSP) or equivalent designation
- Advanced first aid certificate
- Certified to perform fire extinguisher testing
Preference will be given to Residents of Saskatchewan's North.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
To explore this career opportunity, please visit https://career17.sapsf.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=37913&company=Cameco
Deadline for applications is June 2, 2022. Please quote competition number 37913.
This opportunity from Cameco Corporation is available in McArthur River.
About Cameco Corporation:
At Cameco we understand the value of a diverse workforce and we embrace, encourage and support workplace inclusion and diversity. New ideas, perspectives, experiences, and expertise make Cameco stronger. We are committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the communities we operate in. Our vision is to create a culture where inclusion is the goal, and a diverse and representative workforce is our measure of success. Cameco is committed to providing an inclusive selection process, free from systemic barriers. support employment equity and encourage all members of underrepresented groups (i.e., women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of racialized groups/visible minorities) to voluntarily disclose. Cameco welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Read more on Cameco Corporation Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Cameco Corporation? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!