Safety Specialist Position Now Vacant - Apply Now!
What Trimac is Hiring for:
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Some weekends and evenings work may be required.
- Ensures employees'/contractors' compliance with all applicable Federal, State/Provincial, local, and Company safety regulations/policies/procedures; ensures that related records keeping and reporting requirements are met and maintained; provides support in implementing the approved recommendations.
- Conduct coaching and remedial driver training as needed.
- Qualify, train, certify and mentor local Driver Coaches.
- Oversees, schedules, and presents training programs.
- Conduct, review, and document facility safety inspections and assist in the correction of deficiencies.
- Ensures that all reporting and risk management tools are up-to-date and correct at all times.
- Investigates vehicle accidents, injuries, and safety incidents. Prepares and submits related reports as required.
- Assist in developing local accident and injury prevention plans/programs.
- Develops local safety awareness programs and initiatives. Ensures safety bulletin boards and safety postings are up to date with the most current and other pertinent safety information.
- Conduct/support employee/driver safety meetings.
- Participates in driver selection & hiring, including conducting road tests.
- Responsible for supervision of driver training and final clearance of driver candidates. Ensures training requirements for drivers and National Tank Services & Bulk Plus Logistics technicians are carried out as per company expectations.
- Oversees and attends local OHS Committee meetings.
- Reviews Hours of Service data to ensure compliance.
- Coaches drivers where deficiencies are discovered.
- Escalates behavioral issues to management when coaching and remedial training is not successful.
- Works closely with, and supports the terminal/service manager in all facets of the business.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Fosters a positive safety culture by encouraging the reporting of near misses, hazard identification, and incidents.
- Learns new skills and continues to develop as a safety leader.
- Is proactive in finding risk and addressing it.
- Supports front-line and supervisor team members.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Must be available to travel regionally (Western Canada)
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Skilled communicator with strong interpersonal skills at all levels of an organization.
- Strong coach and mentor who can provide support and guidance to people to encourage them to be their best, which includes being able to identify both positive behaviors and provide respectful constructive feedback on performance concerns.
- Identified by peers as a respected informal leader that people listen to.
- Identifies and resolves problems proactively and promptly.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Department of Transportation and Federal/Provincial Motor Carrier regulations.
- Injury/collision prevention practices & techniques.
- Ability to interpret and explain regulations, rules, and policies/procedures to others.
- Ability to work well with team members and influence without authority.
- Ability to learn new skills and apply them.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Department of Transportation, and Federal/Provincial Motor Carrier regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2yearsexperience in Transportation Safety and/or Training.
CERTIFICATES & LICENCES
- Class 1 driver's license holders will be prioritized
- Certified in all areas of training to be delivered.
This opportunity from Trimac is available in Fort McMurray.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Trimac offers:
Long Term Work
Full Time Position(s)
Monday - Friday
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Trimac has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- 2 Years Experience
- Clean Driving Record
- Travel Required
- Work Weekends
- Valid Class 1 Drivers License Required
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Night Shift
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
Trimac Transportation provides bulk trucking transportation services, as well as related distribution and management services, throughout North America. Founded in 1945, Trimac has stood the test of time, becoming North America’s premier provider of services in highway transportation of bulk commodities.
Read more on Trimac Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Trimac? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!