Safety Advisor ($7000 Health Care Spending) - Paid Vacation + Fly In/Fly Out + Camp & More
What OCL Group is Hiring for:
Location: North of Fort McMurray at Imperial Oil - Kearl Lake.
Flights: Fly in/Fly out (Calgary & Edmonton)
Accommodation: Camp provided
- Performing a general site hazard assessment and developing a mitigation plan to control the known hazards associated with scope of work that is being conducted.
- Updating the general site hazard assessment as new hazards are recognized.
- The review of field level hazard assessments (FLHA), to ensure proper completion and involvement with all personnel associated with the scope of work that the FLHA is being completed for.
- Leading the development of job safety analysis’s (JSA’s) with supervision, employees and subcontractors involved in the scope of work that the JSA is being developed for.
- The review or distribution for review of known Job procedures and/or safe work practices that apply to the scope of work being conducted. This may include JSA’s or FLHA Cards.
- Conducting Safety Meetings at intervals identified in the safety management plan (SMP).
- The communication of the SMP to employees, subcontractors, client representatives and visitors.
- Updating of the SMP as required and re-communicating and re-distributing it to all site personnel. Forwarding the revised copy to the area safety manager is also required.
- Tracking and reporting of site safety statistics at set intervals on documentation provided by the Area safety manager.
- Completing incident investigations including the documenting of incidents, witness statements, root cause analysis on the documentation provided by OCL.
- Assisting supervision or administering post incident and/or reasonable suspicion drug testing.
- Ensuring that work on site is conducted in accordance with safe work permit that is in place, OCL policies and procedures, Client requirements and insuring that the OH&S (act, regulation and code) are adhered to.
- Completing scheduled safety inspections that are documented on OCL’s general site inspection form.
- Communicating the learning’s from Near Misses, Hazard ID’s, Job Observations and Inspections to all site personnel on a daily basis.
- Competitive base salary, negotiable, based on experience
- Eligible for annual bonus based on company performance
- 100% employer-paid drugs, travel, life & dependent life insurance and AD&D
- Long term disability
- $7000 health care spending account per year (can roll into RRSP)
- Paid vacation
- Cell phone allowance or company provided cell phone
- 5 + years of field safety experience
- Previous construction and/or mine site project experience
Certificates & Licenses
- Certified National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO)
- Additional certifications or post secondary education an asset
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
This opportunity from OCL Group is available in Fort McMurray.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with OCL Group offers:
Paid Time Off
Health Spending Account
Long Term Work
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
OCL Group has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Background Check
- Drug Test
- Pre-Employment Check
- Shift Work
- 5 Years Experience
- Valid Certifications
- Advanced Computer Skills
- Relevant Industry Experience
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About OCL Group:
OCL Group Inc. (OCL), is a proudly 100% Canadian, privately held, employee owned fully integrated general contractor. With design build solutions across Western Canada, experience you can trust, and quality you can depend on. OCL Group has been serving the energy and municipal infrastructure markets since 2009.
Read more on OCL Group Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from OCL Group? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!