Rig Welders Needed for MEG Energy Turnaround Projects!
What Jardeg is Hiring for:
Project Type: Turnaround
Project Location: Conklin, AB
Shift: Day or Night
Schedule: 6 days on 1 day off
Travel Details: Allowance
- Full-time/temporary position
- 6/1 rotation
- day shifts and night shifts available.
- This is a drive-in / drive-out site only.
- Weld up to 30 inches (FDI) per day when material is available, some welds may be customized while others may be repetitive procedures to complete the work.
- Use welding processes such as SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, GTAW, or SAW to weld pressure piping.
- Apply skills in the fusing of metals using prescribed welding applications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the welding equipment involved with the various welding procedures.
- Comprehend drawings and develop layout patterns for projects and calculate quantities of materials.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of metals, arc electrodes, welding gases and gas welding filler rods.
- Recognize defective welds; know the cause and proper procedure for the repair of the defective area.
- Complete mathematic calculations pertaining to the welding trade.
- Maintain working knowledge of the required codes.
- Be familiar with the work of other trades people in affiliated trades.
- Perform assigned tasks in accordance with quality and production standards required by industry.
- Follows various company policies and procedures such as:
- ISO 9001-2008
- Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS)
- Client Specific WPS
- Graham's Safety Program
Certificates & Licences
- Journeyperson Ticket
- Construction Safety Training Systems 2020 Certification
- H2S Alive
- Energy Safety Canada Certified Fall Protection
- Energy Safety Canada Certified Confined Space (preferred)
- Energy Safety Canada Certified Aerial Work Platform
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License (no restrictions)
- Clean 3 Year Driver's Abstract
- Fit Tests
- Valid CWB
- B-pressure Certification from ABSA.
- F3, F4, Carbon(max thickness)
- Welder calibration certificate
- F6/F5 Tig welding (Preferred)
This opportunity from Jardeg is available in Conklin.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Jardeg offers:
6 & 1
Many Positions Available
Long Term Work
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Jardeg has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Safety Tickets
- H2S ALIVE
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space
- Travel Required
- Valid Alberta Class 3 or 5 driver's license - No GDL and satisfactory Drivers Abstract
- Journeyman Certification
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
If you’re a tradesperson working in Canada, their positions across commercial, infrastructure, and industrial construction and maintenance means they have more than just a job for you.
Read more on Jardeg Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Jardeg? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!