What Patterson-UTI is Hiring for:
The Rig Manager is responsible for every aspect of daily rig operations and supervises all employees working on the rig as well as drilling activities and rig equipment. This includes compliance with Company policies, rules and regulations, ensuring that employees and onsite personnel are working safely, planning maintenance and minimizing rig down time. The Rig Manager provides leadership, safety compliance and direction in resolving operational and personnel issues. The Rig Manager is also responsible for planning and directing drilling operations, rig moves, as well as regular communication with Company personnel, third parties and Customer representatives.
Key Relevant Tasks
- Provide leadership to ensure safety of all onsite personnel with goal of working incident-free
- Supervision, direction and training of drilling rig crew members including compliance with all safety and operational procedures
- Management of rig operations, production, maintenance, costs and personnel to the meet the Company’s business objectives
- Understand Comprehensive Rig Inspection (CRI) criteria and strive for continual improvement by regularly inspecting and maintaining rig and equipment
- Initiate and foster productive partnership with Customer representative
- Understand and use basic management concepts and principles including delegation, motivation, discipline, goal setting and performance evaluation
- Efficiently and proficiently operate and maintain rig equipment by planning preventative maintenance including necessary replacement supplies
- Anticipate, quickly troubleshoot and resolve operational, equipment and maintenance issues to minimize rig downtime
- Adhere to Company policies, guidelines and work requirements
- Plan daily rig operations with Driller and Customer representative
- Lead pre- and post-tour meetings including crew fit-for-duty evaluations
- Fill in for Driller or other rig-based employees as needed
- Work independently and prioritize tasks while managing distractions
- Responsibility for Company resources, equipment, and personnel
- Read / write emails and prepare daily rig paperwork including status reports and other business matters related to rig operations
- Plan and supervise rig moves including rig up / down procedures
This position requires work both indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions, including precipitation, cold / heat, high wind, and turbulent conditions. The Rig Manager will be regularly exposed to the typical conditions of the local area where the rig is located.
Southern states generally experience hot summers where temperatures range from 80° to low 100° with high humidity; winters have temperatures that generally do not go below 20°. Northern states generally have hot summers with similar conditions and have cold, windy winters, with low temperatures that can be as cold as -40°.
The Rig Manager must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others including coworkers and third parties. They must be able to work closely with others assigned to the drilling rig and will live onsite in designated quarters. They must be willing to work a hitch, which consists of 7 days on / 7 days off, or 14 days on / 14 days off, that will include days and nights and as well as weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Computer literate and able to operate required software programs.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Able to prepare reports and keep up with email correspondence
- Able to fill in for the Driller as needed
- Able to do well control calculations using a calculator, standard formulas, and basic math
- Must understand down-hole processes, daily operations, and all rig- based positions to provide training, direction and supervision to rig employees
- 6 Months Experience as a Driller with a satisfactory record of performance and attendance and no written disciplinary actions in the last 6 months
- Advanced education (college, trade school, etc…)
Certifications: Well Control, CPR/First Aid, Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety Training
Supervisory Responsibilities: Driller and all rig-based hands
This opportunity from Patterson-UTI is available in Saint Clairsville.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Patterson-UTI offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Patterson-UTI has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- 18 Years Of Age Or Older
- Valid Certifications
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
Patterson-UTI provides expertise and scale in major operational areas as well as a diverse network of drilling and pressure pumping services, directional drilling, rental equipment and technology. They are dedicated to delivering results so that their customers can embrace new possibilities and growth.
Read more on Patterson-UTI Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Patterson-UTI? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!