Renewable Energy Estimator in Calgary, AB
What Kiewit is Hiring for:
Kiewit Energy Canada is looking to add an experienced Estimator or Busienss Development professional to our Renewables team with a focus on wind and solar projects. Our key specialties cover all the bases; including engineering and contract review, technical support, personnel training, design considerations, change orders, scheduling, job cost projections, constructability and method analysis. From the home office or on the job site, our integrated services provide support to management and design at all levels during the pre-bid, post-bid and execution cycles.
Kiewit Energy Canada is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. We are a major industrial contractor that work on projects that involve construction of oil & gas facilities such as oilsands processing, including steam–assisted gravity drainage facilities, upgrading & refining, midstream facilities, power & co-generation, terminal projects (ex. LNG, LPG, etc.), and major mine developments. We also have a Modular Yard facility in Edmonton, Alberta. Our engineering branch is a leading-edge division that offers innovative engineering services for our current projects and new pursuits in Canada. Our design services group are based in Calgary and Houston offering expertise in process, piping, mechanical, electrical and civil/structural disciplines.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
- Read, understand, and evaluate bid documents, specifications, and drawings to understand the project scope of work and develop a plan for the actual construction to serve as basis for the estimate.
- Work with the estimate team on various problems discovered during bid preparation, design, rates, schedules, etc. and write formalized questions for submittal.
- Prepare complete material and labor takeoffs for wind and solar projects.
- Complete cost estimates for wind and solar projects
- Ensure estimates are completed prior to deadlines.
- Management of estimating data and proficiency with estimating software (specifically InEight Estimate)
- Communicate cost estimate details and proposal construction plan to estimate reviewers.
- Contribute to writing formal technical and commercial questions, clarifications, and proposal sales documents
- Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customer, subcontractor, and construction personnel to understand and determine constructability requirements.
- Participate in estimate review process with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist construction personnel throughout the project life-cycle in tracking and understanding basis of cost estimate
- Assist in the preparation and submission of change orders.
- Stay abreast of trends and developments, such as new equipment, methods and procedures that are developing in the industry.
- Understand and comply with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience with wind and solar projects.
- 5 years of related estimating experience highly preferred.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel are necessary to be successful in this role.
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Experience with Bluebeam Revu (PDF markup software) is preferred.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Must be a team player and be able to work with various partners from start to finish.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in mechanical, electrical, civil or construction-related technology, OR extensive and related work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge, skills and abilities described above.
- Ability to travel and relocate as business requires.
These opportunities from Kiewit are available in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Kiewit offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Kiewit has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Travel Required
- 5 Years Experience
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
Kiewit is one of North America’s largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned organization operates through a network of subsidiaries in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation; oil, gas and chemical; power; building; water/wastewater; industrial; and mining. Kiewit had 2019 revenues of $10.3 billion and employs 23,000 staff and craft employees.
Read more on Kiewit Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Kiewit? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!