Project Controls Lead in Calgary AB
What Kiewit is Hiring for:
As a Project Controls Lead, you will be responsible for the administrative aspects of a project in relations to project controls including cost, change management, reporting, quantity management and scheduling. Do you have strong interpersonal and information management skills? In this role, you will be the main conduit of information between the construction manager and the team for cost, revenue, cash flow information. Do you have strong mentorship skills? You will have the opportunity to develop the people below you. If this sounds like a match for you, read on!
Kiewit Energy Canada is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. We are a major industrial contractor that work on projects that involve construction of oil & gas facilities such as oilsands processing, including steam–assisted gravity drainage facilities, upgrading & refining, midstream facilities, power & co-generation, terminal projects (ex. LNG, LPG, etc.), and major mine developments. We also have a Modular Yard facility in Edmonton, Alberta. Our engineering branch is a leading-edge division that offers innovative engineering services for our current projects and new pursuits in Canada. Our design services group offers expertise in process, piping, mechanical, electrical and civil/structural disciplines.
This position is primarily based in Calgary, AB but can also be based on project sites throughout Western Canada.
- Develop complete understanding of contract plans and specifications
- Work with scheduling professionals to develop and maintain the project schedules using appropriate techniques and scheduling software.
- Manage document control; ensure integrity of processes to receive and log in new issue drawings and other contract documents; maintain document control log
- Participate in the review of new issue drawings and contract documents for change of conditions; quantify impact of changes and review with supervisor; distribute new issues to field
- Prepare monthly cost projections using information generated from project management systems and prepare quarterly cash flow projections
- Monitor and control the project costs and cost reporting to both internal and external stakeholders
- Develop, manage and execute the project reporting for cost, schedule and change management for both internal and external requirements.
- Monitor subcontractor progress and incorporate it into the overall progress management for the project.
- Execute the project management of change process
- Work with and manage the project supply chain professionals to purchase and expedite delivery of materials; manage the material’s control operation
- Assist managers in implementing the project and corporate specific programs
- Improve project operations by recommending, as appropriate, better methods, staffing and procedural changes
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Travel to site to communicate and facilitate the site construction personnel.
- Present on a periodic basis the projects status to internal and external stakeholders in written reporting, live meetings and virtual meetings.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in construction with an emphasis on project controls in cost, schedule and change management
- Working knowledge and ability to direct the operation of at least the following management systems:, materials control, estimating, job cost updates, scheduling, change management and subcontracts
- Proven abilities and skills in the following: leadership and management of people, communication (verbal and written), planning, organization, delegation as well as teaching and mentoring
- Bachelor’s degree in a construction-related field or equivalent experience and education in project or field engineering
- Ability to relocate and travel as business needs arise
- Ability to set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality and productivity for his/her subordinates
- Ability to access all areas of a construction site
These opportunities from Kiewit are available in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Kiewit offers:
Room for advancement
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Kiewit has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- 5 Years Experience
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
Kiewit is one of North America’s largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned organization operates through a network of subsidiaries in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation; oil, gas and chemical; power; building; water/wastewater; industrial; and mining. Kiewit had 2019 revenues of $10.3 billion and employs 23,000 staff and craft employees.
Read more on Kiewit Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Kiewit? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!