Pipeline Operator - Watford City, ND. Full Time + Travel + Driver's License.
What ONEOK Inc is Hiring for:
Pipeline Operator - Lead.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform, coordinate and/or oversees, diagnoses and troubleshoots complex pipeline operations and maintenance activities on systems including compressor stations, gas storages, dehydration facilities, pumping facilities, measurement facilities, and related equipment which may include, but is not limited to:Startup and shutdownPiggingCollecting liquidsChanging chartsGauging tanksLocating and marking linesMonitoring cathodic protection/basic pipe coatingsLeakage survey/patrolling pipelinesBlowing dripsPerform, dispatch, and/or train on line locatesConstruction watch and/or oversee construction activities
- Monitor usage and/or replace lubricants, fluids, inhibitors, chemicals, etc., as needed to ensure safe and efficient operation of equipment
- Exchange information regarding pipeline operations, maintenance, measurement, and other activities with public/governmental officials, employees, contractors, customers, producers, and landowners
- Establishing more complex calculations, compile, and/or prepare information and reports, assisting others on matters including, but not limited to:Gas/Liquid flow and qualityMaintenance and/or repair logsSamples (gas/liquids)Pipeline/corrosion activitiesConstruction inspectionAppropriate regulatory requirements
- Drive and ensure maintenance is completed on assigned company vehicles
- May have oversight of employees engaged in pipeline operations, maintenance, and other activities
- Anticipate changes in work demands and identify assignments or training to meet those demands
- Recommend new processes and formulate new ideas; take lead role to execute implementation of new processes
- Determine materials required for operations and prepare appropriate purchase requisitions
- Ensure compliance with company policies related to OSHA, EPA, and DOT requirements, preparing appropriate documentation
- React immediately to emergency situations to prevent injury to self and others
- Responsibilities may include Department of Transportation (DOT) covered functions, including operations, maintenance, or emergency response on a pipeline. Job duties also require the employee to be alert and respond immediately to dangerous or hazardous conditions, and where impaired performance, or failure to follow safety precautions, could result in serious injury or property damage.
- None Required.
- Following job related experience required:
- Experience in monitoring, operating and maintaining pipeline systems and related equipment utilized in natural gas and liquids gathering and transmission systems
- Experience in various field functions including measurement, cathodic protection, and compressor/pump station operations.
- Experience in maintenance and the repair of equipment.
- Experience and training related to:Company and governmental operating/safety procedures and environmental regulationsCharacteristics of natural gas and gas liquidsPigging pipelines, blowing drips, gauging tanks, and collecting liquidsConstruction methodsTransmission and/or gathering system operationsEmergency response proceduresCommunication skills
- Experience in working with valves and dehydration equipment, scrubbers, and separators.
- Experience in use and function of applications such as: Microsoft Excel, Project, Access, Word, etc.
- Experience interacting, negotiating, advising and communicating effectively and in exchanging written and verbal information and instructions.
- Experience with cathodic protection/corrosion control activities.
- None required
- Heavy Work - Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
- Standing: Remaining on one's feet in an upright position at a work station without moving about (Frequently)
- Walking: Moving about on foot (Frequently)
- Sitting: Remaining in a seated position (Occasionally)
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) (Occasionally)
- Carrying: Transporting an object, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder (Occasionally)
- Pushing: Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force (Occasionally)
- Pulling: Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves toward the force (includes jerking) (Occasionally)
- Climbing: Ladders, Stairs (Occasionally)
- Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling (Occasionally)
- Stooping: Bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist (Occasionally)
- Kneeling: Bending the legs at the knees to come to rest on the knee or knees (Occasionally)
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending the legs and spine (Occasionally)
- Crawling: Moving about on the hands and arms in any direction (Occasionally)
- Reaching: Extending hands and arms in any direction (Constantly)
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with the hand or hands (Manual Dexterity) (Constantly)
- Fingering: Picking, pinching or otherwise working with the fingers primarily (Finger Dexterity) (Constantly)
- Feeling: Perceiving such attributes of objects/materials as size, shape, temperature, texture, movement or pulsation by receptors in the skin, particularly those of the finger tips (Constantly)
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas/information by means of the spoken word (Frequently)
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sound by the ear (Constantly)
- Tasting/Smelling: (Occasionally)
- Near Vision: Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less (Constantly)
- Far Vision: Clarity of vision at 20 feet for more (Constantly)
- Depth Perception: Three-dimensional vision; ability to judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are (Constantly)
- Vision: Color - The ability to identify and distinguish colors (Constantly)
- Employee is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions
- Well lighted, climate controlled areas (Frequently)
- Outdoor weather conditions (Frequently)
- Wet or humid conditions (not weather related) (Frequently)
- Extreme cold (not weather related) (Frequently)
- Extreme heat (not weather related) (Frequently)
- Dust, fumes, gases (Frequently)
- Moving mechanical parts (Frequently)
- Potential electric shock (Frequently)
- Prolonged exposure to vibration (Frequently)
- High pitched noises/loud noises (Frequently)
- Unprotected heights (Frequently)
- Frequent repetitive motion (Constantly)
- CRT (Computer Monitor(s)) (Constantly)
- Travel to other locations up to 30% within assigned geographic region(s) required
- Based on assigned tasks, employee may be assigned a company vehicle requiring the applicable driver's license
This opportunity from ONEOK Inc is available in Watford City.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with ONEOK Inc offers:
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
ONEOK Inc has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Valid Drivers License
- All Types Of Weather
- Lift 100lbs
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About ONEOK Inc:
ONEOK is a leading midstream service provider and own one of the nation’s premier natural gas liquids systems, connecting NGL supply in the Rocky Mountain, Mid-Continent and Permian regions with key market centers and an extensive network of natural gas gathering, processing, storage and transportation assets.
Read more on ONEOK Inc Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from ONEOK Inc? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!