Pipefitter Journeypersons SUNCOR Firebag ($46.50/day Incentive + Fly-In + Travel Allowance)
What Jardeg is Hiring for:
- Position: Pipefitter Journeyperson
- Project Location: SUNCOR Firebag Turnaround
- Shift: 6/1 for turnaround
- Accommodations: Camp provided
- Travel: fly to/from site Calgary and Edmonton; travel allowance provided
- GC: Graham
- Allied Partner: Heartland Constructors Inc.
- Reference Number: 12781
Travel Allowance (by distance from permanent residence) for Turnaround Scope only and Market Rate Adder Incentive of $46.50 per day in affect until July 31st, 2022 on top of base hourly rate for all Pipefitter Journeyperson positions at Suncor Firebag!
JARDEG is currently seeking Pipefitter Journeypersons to join the SUNCOR Firebag Turnaround project team on site near Fort McMurray, Alberta. This is a temporary position on a 6/1 during main event shift schedule starting mid April.
Steamfitter – pipefitters lay out, assemble, fabricate, maintain and repair piping systems which carry water, steam, chemicals or fuel used in heating, cooling, lubricating and other processes. Pipefitters also remove and replace worn components, do general maintenance work and may work on plant shut-downs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of functional operation of various piping system components by measuring, cutting, threading, grooving and bending of pipes, valves and fittings
- Layout, assemble, fabricate, maintain and repair piping systems which carry water, steam, chemicals or fuel used in heating, cooling, lubricating and other processes
- Layout, assemble, fabricate, maintain and repair pressurized piping systems
- Hydrotest and install fabricated pipe spools within structural steel modular assemblies, adding designed supports as required
- Use testing equipment effectively to check for system leaks and troubleshoot fitting errors
- Maintain all tools, work area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion
- Read and interpret client and company supplied construction fabrication drawings and specifications
- Red-line update drawings to an as-built condition
- Follow various Company and Client policies & procedures including adherence to requirements of ISO 9001-2000
- Journeyperson or Red Seal Certification Journeyman
- Common Safety Orientation (CSO) or BSO or OSSA regional orientation
- Energy Safety Canada Aerial Work Platform
- Energy Safety Canada Fall Arrest/Fall Protection
- Energy Safety Canada Confined Space
- Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Driver’s License and a clean 3-Year Driver's Abstract
These opportunities from Jardeg are available in Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Jardeg offers:
6 & 1
Living Out Allowance
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Jardeg has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Valid Drivers License
- CSO (Common Safety Orientation)
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
If you’re a tradesperson working in Canada, their positions across commercial, infrastructure, and industrial construction and maintenance means they have more than just a job for you.
Read more on Jardeg Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Jardeg? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!