Panel Shop Manager
What PTW Energy is Hiring for:
PTW is a leading industry solutions provider delivering construction, fabrication, and maintenance services. Our network extends across Canada, and the United States. We create and deliver innovative industrial solutions to customers in the agricultural, mining, oil and gas, petrochemical, pulp and paper, nuclear and renewable energy industries.
PANEL SHOP MANAGER
PTW is hiring a Panel Shop Manager to join our team in Midland, TX. If you are a certified Journeyman Electrician, with experience as a supervisor or manager and have strong panel fabrication knowledge and experience, we want to hear from you!
A DAY IN THE LIFE…
The Panel Shop Manager has the overall responsibility for the division’s activities.
- Business management: invoicing, accounts payables, revenue and expense reports, month end report for all projects, WIP. Attend various meetings. Risk analysis. Continuous improvement.
- Client support: Estimates the cost of labor and materials required for control panel fabrication from customer supplied drawings. Ensures successful product deliveries to PTW’s clients.
- Panel work: Performs the design and layout functions for the Control Panels control and power systems. Ensures accurate project documentation control and filing. Manages Intertek inspection reports and upgrades. Ensures accurate weekly invoicing for the Lamacoid Machine
- Shop responsibilities: Purchases, stocks and tracks materials required for each project. Year-end inventory count/reports
- Team support: Defines scope of activities and assign workloads. Motivate, mentor and set expectations. Select new staff, promote development and training of current staff, provide employee performance evaluations.
- Journeyman Electrician trade certificate with experience in a supervisory or manager role.
- Ability to see drawing errors and work with customers on changes. Ability to do a control panel FAT (testing and quality checks). Strong panel fabrication knowledge and experience.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent negotiation skills. Ability to work well in cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work to under time constraints and meet tight deadlines.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must be able to complete and pass OSHA-10
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass drug and alcohol test (pre-employment and random)
- Must be able to pass background checks
Competitive Wages and benefits plans | Quality work | Safety and quality are built into everything we do | Safety Training and PPE provided | Consistent work | Opportunity for advancement | Learning and development | Opportunities to travel, stay local or relocate | Team atmosphere | People-focused company
We care about your health and safety. At PTW, we follow all protocols set by the State and local governments. We also implement measures as required by our clients and our own Health and Safety team.
PTW is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for US job openings must be authorized to work in United States.
OUR VALUES GROUND US: CARE | EXCELLENCE | PASSION
These opportunities from PTW Energy are available in Texas, United States.
About PTW Energy:
Industrial service specialists providing fabrication, construction and maintenance services through a strategic network across North America. PTW Energy Services Ltd. is a private company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our industry leading solutions provide fabrication, construction and maintenance services through a network that extends across Canada and the United States. We have over 2,500 talented people proud of the safe and reliable work we perform for our customers every day.
Read more on PTW Energy Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from PTW Energy? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!