Ops Foreman (Fort McMurray, AB). Comp Wages + Benefits. 6/6 shift. 2 Yrs Exp.
What KMC Mining is Hiring for:
Operations Foreman ifor the execution of the operational mine plan objectives.
- Provide clear performance expectations to crews and subcontractors and reinforce correct behavior through recognition and encouragement as well as application of timely people management procedures.
- Manage attendance and organize daily production from forecast plans and allocate tasks to all available equipment and personnel to ensure the effective utilization of crews and meeting daily targets.
- Plan skill requirements for crews to ensure an appropriate combination of personnel are available to achieve production targets each shift.
- Present the daily pre-start meeting to the production crew including all relevant notifications, allocation of tasks, changed conditions, blasts, active circuits and communications from the Senior Supervisor, Superintendent or Manager.
- Address all crew and employee issues promptly and consult with supervision and human resources to manage employee relations issues.
- Implement safety and environmental procedures to meet or exceed compliance with all the relevant legislation and company policy.
- Ensure that only qualified personnel perform tasks requiring authorization and that equipment is used in accordance with its design parameters and correct operating techniques.
- Constantly look to identify and rectify hazards and risks through regular inspections, audits and behavioral observations (SWO’s) as per HSE targets and review team member SWO’s, where required, taking corrective actions.
- Participate in all incident investigations to ensure the root causes are identified and that all the required documentation is reported, if applicable, implement corrective actions in consultation with relevant parties.
- Complete all schedules audits, checks and reports listed in the supervisor’s shift folder at the end of shift and during handover tour ensure all elements of the previous shift supervisor checklist are also completed.
- Coordinate with the maintenance department to ensure maintenance servicing schedules are planned to minimize the interruption to production.
- Ensure all site departments understand any relevant impacts to production targets such as pit conditions, maintenance issues, weather and manning.
- Promote prosperous healthy client relationships and identify new business opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned from time-to-time.
- High School Diploma or greater required.
- Minimum of 2 years of related mining experience
- Prior supervisory experience in an industrial environment
- Thorough knowledge of equipment, equipment performance, and the mining environment
This opportunity from KMC Mining is available in Fort McMurray.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with KMC Mining offers:
14 & 14
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
KMC Mining has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Valid Drivers License
- Travel Required
- Shift Work
- CSTS/OSSA or BSO or CSO (Common Safety Orientation)
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About KMC Mining:
KMC Mining is a company doing mining and reclamation work in Fort McMurray. Our mission is to provide safe, reliable, cost effective mining and related services and expertise to our customers and the industry.
We will have a safe, highly skilled and empowered workforce that is committed to excellence in all aspects of our business.
Read more on KMC Mining Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from KMC Mining? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!