Opening for Lead Hand Heavy Duty Mechanic ($45 to $47/Hr + Excellent Benefits)
What WORKFORCE is Hiring for:
Licensed Heavy Duty Mechanic
Location: Calgary, AB
Pay: $45 to $47 per hour
Position: Permanent, full time
- Direct and support workload for Heavy Duty Mechanics, apprentices, and welders
- Provide mentorship and supervision to enhance quality of work, reduce re-work, and expand overall competency of the shop.
- Conduct & participate in monthly toolbox meetings, participate in employee recruitment and performance management, and help drive continuous improvement.
- Be responsible for inspecting, diagnosing, repairing and performing preventative maintenance servicing on our client's fleet of commercial transport vehicles.
- Review work orders, evaluate and troubleshoot equipment, and perform maintenance and repairs as required.
- Inspect motors in operation, road test vehicles, and test automotive systems and components using computerized and manual diagnostic tools and adjust, repair, or replace parts including chassis, frame, cab, body, engine and drive train, air brakes, steering, and fuel, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic systems as necessary.
Certificates & Licences
-Valid Alberta Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic Certificate or Interprovincial HD Red Seal
-Valid CVIP license
-Class 1 Driver's Licensed with Air Brake Endorsement an asset
-3+ years of relevant experience maintaining commercial fleets or similar
-1+ years of demonstrable leadership experience
Knowledge & Skills
-Ability to read and interpret diagrams, schematics, and manuals
-Legally entitled to work in Canada
This opportunity from WORKFORCE is available in Calgary.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with WORKFORCE offers:
Long Term Work
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
WORKFORCE has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Drug Test
- Pre-Employment Check
- 3 Years Experience
- Legally Work in Canada
- Valid Certifications
- Valid Class 1 Drivers License Required
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Certification
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
WORKFORCE provides permanent & temporary staffing solutions for industries needing skilled trades men & women.
Read more on WORKFORCE Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from WORKFORCE? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!